Platform Health Security Analyst Manager Remote - US / Canada
GitHub Security is hiring a manager to lead and evolve the Platform Health Analyst Team. You will foster an environment of excellence and mentorship to lead the detection and response to spammy content, malware, and account takeover attacks on our infrastructure and users. The team and capability you manage and guide will focus on the investigative and response practices that help GitHub securely protect the world's largest code hosting platform. The leadership you bring will influence the capabilities of systems and infrastructure across GitHub’s Production and Corporate environments.
GitHub’s Security team is highly distributed and to be successful you must thrive in an environment of distributed work and asynchronous communication. Strong written communication skills are essential, as is the ability to develop strong working relationships with coworkers in locations around the globe. This role is not about dictating a team member's work directly, but rather guiding and serving to ensure the productivity and success the members and team. A primary goal of this job is to enable each team member to do the best work of their lives securing GitHub.
If you have a foundation in spam fighting, malware detection, information security and engineering, enjoy supporting humans across all experience levels from fresh-out-of-college associates to seasoned senior engineers, and want to help build a world class security team, then this might be the gig for you.
- Advise on the design and implementation for spam fighting, malware detection, and account takeover systems with the team and its partners.
- Influence implementation of Spam/Malware/ATO capability across applications within the company.
- Developing and driving adoption of Spam/Malware/ATO development standards and requirements.
- Manage the people and team to plan, balance, prioritize and execute on their day-to-day responsibilities, projects, and career development objectives.
- Manage or participate in complex projects spanning teams in and outside of the Security department.
- Participating in on-call rotation, incident handling and incident coordination.
- Experience with the fighting Spam/Malware and building Account Takeover systems at scale.
- Experience effectively managing and working with distributed and remote teams.
- The ability to take a pragmatic approach to decision making while applying practical security design principles and practices.
- Exceptional communication skills with a strong sense of empathy.
- Experience supporting governance and regulatory requirements.
- Experience and interest in developing and maintaining processes and programmatic practices.
- Practical experience with common spam and malware fighting systems and techniques.
- Tenacious tinkering, spelunking and curiosity capacity.
- Expertise with Machine Learning.
- Strong expertise in data analytics.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Proficiency in high-level languages such as Ruby, Python and Bash.
- Building or managing creation of data pipelines.
- Experience with Graph algorithms
- Experience with data visualization.
- Can develop and maintain systems through reusable code and tooling.
- Experience effectively managing small to medium sized security or engineering teams.
- Technical project management experience guiding strategic and tactical technical decision making and execution.
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, and to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
Customer Obsessed - Trust by Default - Ship to Learn - Own the Outcome - Growth Mindset - Global Product, Global Team - Anything is Possible - Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where many Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The rest of our Hubbers work remotely around the globe. Check out an updated list of where we can hire here: https://github.com/about/careers/remote
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/github/jobs/3145182