Payroll Manager, EMEA EMEA
At Elastic, we have a simple goal: to solve the world's data problems with products that delight and inspire. As the company behind the popular open source projects — Elasticsearch, Kibana, Logstash, and Beats — we help people around the world do great things with their data. From stock quotes to Twitter streams, Apache logs to WordPress blogs, our products are extending what's possible with data, delivering on the promise that good things come from connecting the dots. The Elastic family unites employees across 32 countries into one coherent team, while the broader community spans across over 100 countries.
We are looking for a dynamic Payroll Manager to join our Finance team. If you thrive in a role that provides you with an opportunity to make an impact, remain calm under pressure, and appreciate that, sometimes, a good sense of humour is important, this role may be for you!
What You Will Be Doing:
You will prepare and submit semi-monthly and monthly payroll in 17+ countries globally. As our EMEA Payroll Manager, you will be the key player between the Elastic team and the external payroll provider, driving continuous improvements and ensuring efficient communications and resolution of issues.
In addition, you will:
- Gain a deep understanding of those countries with complex payroll rules that will require you to work closely with providers and in-country specialists
- Collaborate with the HR team and verify all pay rates changes, new hire information, terminations, etc. are correctly entered in the HR/Payroll system
- Gain a deep understanding of our systems and how to manage payroll data effectively
- Process accurate and timely monthly, quarterly, year-end and ad-hoc reporting and audit annual reports from third-party payroll provider(s)
- Process all special payment requests such as commissions, bonuses, severance, etc.
- Resolve problems and respond to inquiries related to payroll earnings and deductions
- Partner with Internal Auditor on the SOX payroll processes
- Participate in our ongoing projects to map out HR and payroll processes globally
What You Bring Along:
You have a solid understanding of payroll in a number of EMEA countries, as well as experience managing relationships with external service providers and holding them accountable for their deliverables. You take a global view, are data driven, and accurate in your work. You have a passion for ensuring payroll is a real value-add function for the company.
You can navigate ambiguity effectively, drive improvements, and adapt quickly to changing environments. You approach your work with high level of enthusiasm, pragmatism and accountability.
In addition, you have:
- 5+ years of experience processing multi-country payroll in highly distributed companies n with a headcount of 1,500 + employees. US Payroll processing knowledge a plus but not required
- Challenges the status quo and drives project work in addition to day to day payroll operations
- Knowledge of BambooHR, Overseas Connect preferred
- Experience of managing external payroll providers and/or In-country providers is essential
- Experience working with key stakeholders in multiple time-zones
- Strong track-record of continuous improvement in the payroll operational delivery area within a fast-growth organisation
- Strong focus on processes and data flows, with experience in organisations that are renowned for excelling in this area
- Flexible communicator, who thrives in taking ownership and accountability.
- Excellent work ethic and empathic manner.
- Strong analytical and technical skills, including proficiency in Excel
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and discretion regarding sensitive personal data
- Ability to communicate with a diverse audience at various levels within an organization
- World-class internal/external customer service skills
- Decision-making, problem-solving, organizational, and analytical skills
- Strong English mandatory. Additional languages preferred: ideally German or French. A Scandinavian language (Danish, Norwegian or Swedish) would be a considerable asset
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Stock options
- Global minimum of 16 weeks of paid parental leave (moms & dads)
- Generous vacation time and one week of volunteer time off
- An environment in which you can balance great work with a great life
- Your age is only a number. It doesn't matter if you're just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do
- Distributed-first company with Elasticians in over 30 countries, spread across 18 time zones, and speaking over 30 languages!
Target locations: Amsterdam, Netherlands; London, United kingdom
Elastic is an Equal Employment employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. Elastic also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law.
No contractors or external recruiters will be considered.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/elastic/jobs/1149160