Payroll Analyst Remote Canada /
Over 100,000 businesses and millions of people use 1Password to protect their most important information, and we believe those people – and the companies they work for – shouldn’t have to choose between security and productivity. We see security as a human challenge, rather than a technological one. It’s hard work, but our mission has always been to ease the tension between security and convenience and help people navigate the digital world without fear or friction. Human-centric security is part of our DNA, but human-centricity is also the backbone of our culture. We encourage big ideas and new ways of working that help us to make the online world a safer place for everyone.
The finance team strives to be a partner to the business and takes pride in being responsive, collaborative, and the “fixers” of complex problems.
As a Payroll Analyst, you will be a key member of our growing Finance/Accounting team. You are detail-oriented and eager to manage the full payroll process from start to finish in our growing, global organization. You are a self-starter who is looking to build your career, while also leveling up the business. You will implement and maintain an efficient payroll process that complies with all federal, provincial, and state regulations in addition to international requirements.
This is a Remote opportunity within Canada.
What we're looking for:
- 5+ years experience in Canadian & US payroll. Global payroll experience, including UK, Netherlands, and Germany is considered an asset.
- Completion of payroll certification courses (i.e., PCP) are considered an asset.
- Expert Excel skills with experience generating reports.
- Hands-on experience utilizing payroll software (we use UKG).
- Great attention to detail and time management skills.
- Ability to multi-task and work with minimal supervision while adhering to necessary deadlines.
- Strong payroll accounting knowledge; ability to book journal entries to record payroll entries in our ERP (we use Netsuite) and to explain variances month to month, year over year.
- Ability to work with financial auditors and prepare/explain PBCs.
- Strong problem-solving and process improvement skills.
- A knack for learning things on your own and quickly adapting to new environments.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills and ability to demonstrate teamwork skills in a growing team.
- Strong interpersonal skills - the ability to work with others as well as independently.
- Experience at a growing company with over 1000 employees plus.
What you can expect:
- Process semi-monthly and monthly payroll for all 1Password employees and contractors, including off-schedule payments such as termination pays, lump sum or parental/maternity leave top-up.
- Ensure payments and contribution files for RRSP, pension and 401K deductions are reconciled and sent to the appropriate third party accurately and on time.
- Collaborate with HR, Finance and Management to ensure accurate payroll processing including but not limited to review of employment agreements, ensure terminations are compliant with local jurisdictions, manage employees on LOA to ensure payments are processed in compliance with company policy and federal, state/provincial regulations.
- Manage and provide support to employees related to payroll questions and queries, manage escalations and be proactive in communicating payroll related changes/updates.
- Regularly create and prepare required compensation/payroll reports for senior management.
- Assist with compensation and payroll tax compliance across multiple countries.
- Provide support and handle escalations in a timely manner.
- Be the go-to person for preparing and submitting all necessary paperwork for tax deductions, benefits, and garnishments.
- Assist with the reconciliation of federal and state/provincial tax account information with payroll records.
What we offer:
We believe in working hard, and resting hard. We’re always looking for new ways to support our team members, but here’s a glance at what we currently offer:
Health and wellbeing
> 👶 Maternity and parental leave top up programs
> 👟 Wellness spending account
> 🏝 Generous PTO policy
> 💖 Company-wide wellness days off scheduled throughout the year
> 🧠 Complimentary Headspace membership
> 🩺 Comprehensive health coverage
Growth and future
> 📈 Employee stock option program for all full time employees
> 💸 Retirement matching program
> 💡 Training budget, 1Password University access, and learning sessions
> 🔑 Free 1Password account (and friends and family discount!)
Flexibility and community
> 🤝 Paid volunteer days
> 🌎 Employee-led DEI&B programs and ERGs
> 🏠 Fully remote environment
> 🏆 Peer-to-peer recognition through Bonusly
You belong here.
1Password is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, diverse and equitable workplace that is built on trust, support and respect. We welcome all individuals and do not discriminate on the basis of gender identity and expression, race, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, colour, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, marital status, pregnancy, sex, citizenship, education, languages spoken or veteran status. Be yourself, find your people and share the things you love.
Accommodation is available upon request at any point during our recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please speak to your talent acquisition partner or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll work to meet your needs.
Candidate Privacy Notice
When you apply for a position, refer a candidate, or are being considered for a role at AgileBits, Inc. (dba 1Password, 1Password, we, us, or our), your information is stored in Lever, in accordance with Lever's Service Privacy Notice. We use this information to evaluate your candidacy for the posted position. We also store this information, and may use it in relation to future positions to which you apply, or which we believe may be relevant to you given your background.
Candidates may also optionally choose to self-identify their race/ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, and disability. These answers will help us evaluate our diversity and belonging efforts. You do not have to answer these questions—your answers will not be linked to your name or job application, will not be visible to the hiring manager reviewing your application, and will in no way affect your job application. If you have any questions about the collection or use of this information, please contact [email@example.com].
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your information, we will either delete or anonymize it. If you have any questions about how we use or process your information, or if you would like to ask to access, correct, or delete your information, please contact our privacy team at [firstname.lastname@example.org] or through 1Password Support.