Partnership and Business Development Lead Redwood City, CA / Remote /
Reporting to the VP of Sales, the Partnership and Business Development Lead is responsible for developing and leading our partnerships strategy in the materials development and scientific software markets. From concept to execution, the Lead will develop relationships, business cases, and alignment with external and internal partners to drive Citrine’s business objectives.
At Citrine, we’re ushering in the next generation of sustainable, high-performing materials and chemicals.
We are the industry leader in AI for materials and chemicals. Our platform provides data management and Artificial Intelligence (AI) tools that help our customers rapidly develop higher performing, more sustainable materials. Our users are scientists and engineers at market-leading manufacturing and materials companies and we collaborate with professors and researchers from world-renowned institutions on cutting-edge research at the intersection of AI and the physical sciences.
In 2019 and 2020, Citrine was recognized for our impact on sustainability by the Global CleanTech Group and was named one of the Most Promising AI Startups by CB Insights. As a team, we are ambitious with our goals, passionate about our vision, and eager to grow and learn from each other. Our team is growing fast and looking for the best to join us.
Our Platform gives product developers, researchers, and engineers access to cutting-edge, domain-specific AI, all without writing a line of code. This enables our customers to discover and deploy the next generation of sustainable, high-performing materials and chemicals up to 98% faster than traditional R&D approaches. We have clusters of remote employees in the San Francisco Bay Area, Chicago, Pittsburgh, Boston, and Raleigh-Durham areas, and our customers include multiple Fortune 100 materials, product, and manufacturing companies.
About the Role
We’re growing fast, and the Partnership and Business Development Lead will have a significant impact on Citrine’s shape, direction and growth by developing the strategy and delivering value through productive alliances. The successful candidate can think and act both strategically and tactically, from pitching ideas to partners, creation and analysis of business impact, through negotiation and execution. They have a track record of achieving great results through partnerships, and shown to be a passionate business leader who is excited to build from the ground up. This person is creative, ambitious, and excited to try new things and identify areas of scale, while being passionate about measuring results and ROI. They thrive in a fast-paced, sometimes ambiguous, environment with many touch points.
- Develop, scale, and execute Citrine’s partnership strategy and accelerate our business goals
- Engage partners in initiatives that optimize ROI, reach, strategic long- and short-term business and service relationships, while managing for legal, resourcing, and technical risks
- Build deep, high-value collaborative relationships with counterparts at partner firms that promote alliance and a scalable shared vision
- Champion and frame opportunities across Citrine’s executives and internal teams, and collaborate on partnership assessment, resource investments, prioritization, sustainability, and expansion
- Lead deal structure, contract negotiation, implementation, and relationship management
- Develop visibility and tracking through data-driven metrics and KPIs that drive partnership revenue and efficiency
- Leverage global chemical and industrial manufacturing contacts for collaboration and insight into emerging trends
- Serve as a thought partner to global industry executives
Skills and Qualifications
- >5 years of experience successfully developing strategic alliances, product relationships, and channel agreements
- Demonstrated experience successfully developing strategic partnerships with large enterprise companies in the manufacturing, chemical, or materials industries
- Full stack operator who can develop clear objectives and business strategy from concept to delivery
- Ability to operate cross-functionally, leading and influencing colleagues, driving timely tactical decisions to advance objectives
- Highly personable with a network of relationships in manufacturing and materials
- Has a strong product and business sense, with a flexible and collaborative approach to problem solving and ideation
- Data-driven and results-focused, with exceptional written and verbal communication skills
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Exceptional customer/market research, analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving skills
- Skilled diplomat with proven conflict-resolution skills, high level of confidence and maturity with solid experience working across large corporations in a matrixed environment
- Demonstrated success using critical thinking to formulate strategic direction and success at skillful negotiation and strategy implementation
- Excellent interpersonal skills required in order to build strong relationships, particularly with sales, field and product organizations and partners, and an ability to be highly successful in a matrix management organization
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, or national origin.
Our Core Values
Citrine Informatics recognizes that its most valuable asset is its people. We have created our set of Core Values to encourage, support, and invest in our team as they work to innovate and support a more sustainable world. Our Core Values reflect our ongoing commitment to continuously invest in nurturing our talent and our people-first approach to conducting business.
- We take pride in and recognize the successes and growth of ourselves and our colleagues. We support each other in our growth.
- We prototype and collect data to make good decisions. We question that data and are constantly iterating to find the best solution.
- We are all owners of Citrine and make decisions like owners. We work autonomously with personal and organizational accountability.
- We commit to building a diverse and inclusive community within Citrine and actively promote equity and belonging.
- We are tirelessly committed to creating value for our customers.
- We exist to help our customers accelerate the development of sustainable products that are critical to the future of both our planet and our industry.
Compensation and Pay Transparency
At Citrine, we want your path to career growth to be transparent, straightforward, fair, and easily accessible -- starting with your application and interview process. The annual salary range listed below reflects the level we are considering for this position (please note that there may be unique situations where you may fall outside of this range). Where you fall within the range will depend on how your experience and skills align to our internal leveling system as we learn more about you throughout the interview process.
$130,000 USD - $152,500 USD
*Range(s) listed are for full-time employees based in the United States only.
**Colorado only: disclosure above meets the requirement by sb19-085(8-5-20).
Our Benefits (for exempt, full-time employees based within the United States)
401k with matching up to 4% of salary
Medical, vision, dental insurance (we pay 100% of your premium and 75% of your dependents)
FSA and HSA plans
Flexible PTO on top of our 15 paid company holidays (includes your birthday!)
Free financial counseling
$600 onboarding tech allowance
$5,000 annual professional growth budget