Partner Engineering Manager United States
GitHub is looking for an Engineering Manager to lead the Partner Engineering team embedded within Ecosystem Engineering. Our Partner Engineers are passionate about helping our customers and partners successfully integrate with the GitHub Platform and join our growing Ecosystem of powerful integrations.
Our partners build best-in-class developer tools. We care deeply about providing an easy to use, powerful Platform that empowers partners to become a crucial part of software development workflows. In this role, you'll lead a team of Partner Engineers who own the technical relationship with our partners: from ideation to development, to launch, and finally through to business success. The team is remote, will visit on-site with integrators, and you'll work with the other Engineering Managers and Engineers in Ecosystem.
This is an opportunity to use both your technical expertise, your passion for delivering business value and lead the team tackling real problems for real businesses on the largest software development platform in the world.
- Cultivate an environment where team members are empowered and demonstrate a strong sense of ownership and belonging
- Meet with team members 1-1 on a regular basis
- Ensure that individuals on the team are learning, growing and advancing in their respective careers
- Ensure the team is helping grow our Ecosystem by guiding engagement decisions with our partners
- Ensure the team has a clear understanding of the direction of Ecosystem projects, the reasoning behind decisions, and articulate both to internal and external audiences
- Coordinate with Product, Engineering Leadership, Marketing, and Strategic Partnerships on ensuring Partner Engineering is working on the most valuable engagements and product launches as possible
- Help the team (primarily as a leader but at times as a contributor) develop tools, documentation, and repeatable processes to help scale GitHub's Platform usage
- Deeply understand the GitHub Platform by being the "first line" consumer of our Platform and writing novel applications that use our API to demonstrate Platform value to our largest integrators
- Build strategies to best support Ecosystem's objectives and product launches technically in unique and effective ways
- You are a software developer. You have experience building, deploying, and operating software as part of a business.
- You are a proven leader with two or more years of management experience. You can manage conflicting priorities (both within GitHub and with our external partners) and continue to deliver a consistently high performance with your team.
- You are intellectually curious and passionate about GitHub’s mission.
- You are results oriented and have a track record of shipping and iterating.
- You are confident and empathetic in written and verbal communication and have experience speaking to technical and business audiences.
- You are willing and able to travel up to 30% of your time to partners, GitHub HQ, and to our conferences.
- You have previous experience in a technical role working with APIs as an API Engineer, Partner Engineer, Sales Engineer, Developer Evangelist, Engineering Manager, or in similar roles.
- You're comfortable with the GitHub API and have created an integration using it.
- You have experience collaborating with and managing a remote team.
Who We Are:
GitHub is the best place to share code with friends, co-workers, classmates, and complete strangers. Over 27 million people use GitHub to build amazing things together across 79 million repositories. With the collaborative features of GitHub.com and GitHub Business, it has never been easier for individuals and teams to write faster, better code.
What We Value:
Collaboration: We believe the best work is done together.
Empathy: We believe in putting people first.
Quality: We believe in setting the standard for excellence.
Positive Impact: We believe in making the world a better place through our work.
Shipping: We believe in creating things for the people using them.
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where over half of our Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The other half of our Hubbers work remotely in 18 countries across the globe. Here is a complete list of where we can hire!
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people from all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country, if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/github/jobs/1097997