Paralegal (Corporate) Remote, US
The GitLab DevOps platform empowers 100,000+ organizations to deliver software faster and more efficiently. We are one of the world’s largest all-remote companies with 1,800+ team members and values that guide a culture where people embrace the belief that everyone can contribute.
As a member of our Legal team, you will partner across business lines to support leaders in Marketing and Communications.
We're the world’s largest all-remote company, and we've been intentionally building our culture this way from the start. With more than 1,200 team members in 65+ countries, GitLab is a place where you can contribute from almost anywhere. We are an ambitious, productive team that embraces a set of shared values in everything we do.
What you'll do in this role
- Assist in responding to requests for information and documents from our internal and external auditors, regulators, partners, and other stakeholders.
- Support corporate governance processes, including general record keeping, preparation of board and committee meeting agendas, presentations, resolutions, consents, minutes, and other materials, as well as assist with our electronic board portal.
- Assist with compliance and corporate governance matters for our international and domestic subsidiaries.
- Assist with M&A and other strategic transactions, including providing due diligence support data room management, and preparing and organizing deal documents.
- Identify, design, and implement new processes and procedures to improve efficiency, productivity, and communication.
- Support special projects as needed, including research, organization, and project management.
- Review internal and external marketing materials, announcements, filings and presentations to ensure intellectual property clearance and confirm compliance with applicable regulations, company standards and industry standards.
- In consultation with Director of Legal, Corporate and other Corporate attorneys provide advice to GitLab Marketing and Product Development groups on materials and announcements.
- Maintain corporate records.
- Future responsibilities may include preparation of Section 16 reports and assistance with other SEC filings, as well as annual meeting preparation.
- Other responsibilities based on experience, abilities, and interest.
We're looking for
- 5+ years corporate paralegal experience at a law firm, in-house legal department, or a combination of both; experience at a publicly-traded company preferred.
- Strong written and verbal communication. and organizational and analytical skills.
- Ability to adapt and willingness to work on a variety of matters.
- Excellent tech skills, including G-Suite applications and Slack.
- Exceptional level of accuracy, superb attention to detail and excellent proofreading skills.
- Self-starter who has exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Collaborative team-player with a sense of humor who is intellectually curious, capable of learning on the job, and developing new approaches when there are no precedents.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
Paralegal (Corporate) Performance Indicators
- Review legal issue tracker for corporate compliance requests and timely response.
- Complete MR’s and Open Epics and Issues to support corporate compliance projects.
- Maintain, and manage GitLab Inc. and its subsidiaries’ corporate records.
- Ensure all due diligence and deal documentation for strategic transactions are organized within the appropriate shared folders.
Also, we know it’s tough, but please try to avoid the confidence gap. You don’t have to match all the listed requirements exactly to be considered for this role.
Country Hiring Guidelines: GitLab hires new team members in countries around the world. All of our roles are remote, however some roles may carry specific location-based eligibility requirements. Our Talent Acquisition team can help answer any questions about location after starting the recruiting process.
GitLab is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. GitLab’s policies and practices relating to recruitment, employment, career development and advancement, promotion, and retirement are based solely on merit, regardless of race, color, religion, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression), national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, mental or physical disability, genetic information (including family medical history), discharge status from the military, protected veteran status (which includes disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, active duty wartime or campaign badge veterans, and Armed Forces service medal veterans), or any other basis protected by law. GitLab will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. See also GitLab’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know during the recruiting process.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/gitlab/jobs/6246521002