Operations Manager, Shopify Fulfillment Network (Non-Remote, Moreland, GA) Moreland, United States
About the role
We are currently looking for an Operations Manager to join our in-person Moreland, GA building. Please note that in order to be considered for this role, you must live in the Moreland, GA area or be open to relocating. This position is not a remote role and doesn’t fall under our Digital by Design model. If you’ve run a 3PL or warehousing facility from an Operations standpoint, know how to spot inefficiencies and can use your interpersonal skills to improve the way things are run, we want to hear from you.
Your focus areas will be:
Merchants: Be merchant-obsessed and keep them ecstatic about SFN by understanding their shipping/fulfillment goals and then translating that to the Moreland facility. We have facilities all over the country, so you’ll be part of a team of Operations Managers who are dedicated to helping merchants of all sizes tackle the black box of fulfillment.
The Moreland facility: Make it better. You’ll use your past experience to identify how this facility can do things differently and better. You’ll use your interpersonal skills to do that in a way that makes the team excited to be part of the journey.
Shopify: Drive positive change. You’re on the ground in Moreland. Our development teams are in Canada. Your job here is to influence change on a network-level. How can we develop a better product in Canada for everyone, based on what you’re seeing in Moreland.
You’ll get to:
- Create strong relationships with our merchants and facility owners
- Onboard them into the Shopify Fulfillment Network and hold their hand through this process
- Point out areas for improvement, including opportunities for product adoption and implementing new Shopify features
- Triage technical issues to Shopify’s escalated Support teams
- Work with internal Shopify teams to advocate for merchant and facility needs and requests
- Demonstrate an in depth understanding of industry trends
- Elevate the overall merchant experience
- Must live in the Moreland, GA area or be willing to relocate to the area
- Customer success, client management, or relevant industry experience. You should be merchant-focused in all that you do.
- Experience in a senior operations-type role within a 3PL or Warehouse facility
- Experience in various warehouse functions (i.e. inbound, outbound, returns, VAS, etc)
- Data driven approach to managing operations performance
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and a relentless attention to detail
- Experience working with multiple stakeholders. Relationship management is your secret weapon.
- Understanding of E-commerce best practices. You’ll be the merchant’s main point of contact for all big-picture support.
- Knowledge of the E-commerce ecosystem. There are many moving parts and you need to see how they fit together.
- Experience running your own business. You know what it means to be an entrepreneur and can share your learnings with our merchants.
- Exposure to fulfillment industry best practices (Barcoding, EDI, system integrations, etc.)
Please note that this role is not a remote position. The selected candidate will be required to work in-person at the Carlisle, PA facility. We currently have a policy requiring vaccination against COVID-19 that applies to this role. For those who are unvaccinated for protected reasons, we have an accommodation review process.
Closing date: August 11 at 11:59PM EDT. Successful candidates can expect to hear back from us within 2 weeks of that date.
Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity & inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities, and/or people with intersectional identities. Please take a look at our Sustainability Reports to learn more about Shopify’s commitments to our communities, and our planet.
At Shopify, we understand that experience comes in many forms. We’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team - so if your experience is this close to what we’re looking for, please consider applying.