OpenStack Product Manager › Home based - EMEA
OpenStack, while complex and challenging in many regards, continues to grow as an open source private cloud solution. Canonical is a leading OpenStack provider and we are growing our investment in OpenStack alongside other cloud technologies. We aim to make private OpenStack clouds easy, affordable and reliable with model-driven operations.
This role is about product leadership of Canonical's OpenStack offerings:
- shaping Charmed OpenStack in partnership with the MAAS and Juju teams
- working with partner ISVs who offer OpenStack enhancements and complementary solutions
- driving our enterprise business around OpenStack
If you have a passion for technology and business, an appreciation for open source, and good communications skills, then you will enjoy a product leadership role at Canonical. This role encompasses leadership of product go-to-market in the private cloud market. It requires an analytical storyteller with a strong sense of message.
We prefer graduate professionals with software engineering management experience who want to become business executives and entrepreneurs, to define product strategy and drive engagement.
The successful candidate will be multi-talented, with:
- Experience in Linux for enterprise infrastructure
- Familiarity with the OpenStack project, the foundation, and ecosystem
- Familiarity with relevant cloud software and standards
- A technical or science background and qualifications
- Software engineering experience
- Business and commercial interests
- Proven leadership and presentation skills
- Personal interests aligned with the field
- Awareness of Ubuntu and Canonical’s competition and opportunities
- Proven ability to write about technology and the tech landscape
Product leadership at Canonical is data-driven and content-centric. Product performance is closely measured and this team participates in regular reviews with company leadership. You will join a growing team and help shape the message across our suite of products. You will create content to engage a sophisticated technical and commercial audience, and work closely with marketing, media, engineering, sales, research, consulting, and training teams. You will also be accountable for product marketing collateral, case studies, training, and blog posts that deliver measurable lead-gen and awareness.
Canonical is a growing, international software company that works with the open-source community to deliver Ubuntu -- the world’s #1 cloud operating system. Our mission is to realise the potential of free software in the lives of individuals and organisations. Our services are helping businesses worldwide to reduce costs, improve efficiency and enhance security with Ubuntu. Canonical is a unique tech company - global, remote-first, open source, with 700 professionals across 50 countries - we want to be the world’s best, not biggest, global software company. With almost every team remote by default, Canonical sets the pace on the 21st-century digital workplace.
What Canonical offers:
- Work from home
- Learning and development allowances
- Competitive Salary
- Annual compensation review
- Recognition rewards
- Generous annual leave
- Paid maternity, paternity and sick leave
- Priority Pass for travel
- Exposure to international business and technology
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. Diversity of experience, perspectives, and background create a better work environment and better products. Whatever your identity we will give your application fair consideration.