Open Source Vulnerability Researcher - Remote UK - 2018644 UK - Remote /
Sonatype is the software supply chain management company. We're on a mission to change how the world innovates by making software development easier. From running the world's largest repository of Java open source components (Maven Central) to inventing componentized software development, and then software supply chain management, to creating the only solution that stops malicious open-source malware in its tracks, we're constantly leading the industry while helping thousands of customers manage open source every day.
Already used by 15 million developers, we have lofty goals for our technology to be in the hands of every engineering team. And, we need you to do that. Join us!
Learn more at www.sonatype.com.
The Open Source Vulnerability Researcher will investigate and analyze vulnerabilities in open-source software.
Sonatype is looking for a passionate, driven, and talented developer to provide high-quality security data from researching software vulnerabilities. This is not a development position but relies on development experience to help navigate complex architectures and threat vectors in open-source software. This high-quality security data ensures that our customers get maximum value from our products, making them feel like part of the Sonatype family.
If you are a positive-thinker and problem-solver and believe that customer success and company success go hand-in-hand, this is a great job for you. This position will provide a valuable learning opportunity with great potential to grow your newly started career in cyber-security. Enjoy your job as you work in a fast-paced, flexible, and fun environment with talented, diverse, and forward-thinking individuals.
Key Areas of Focus
- Review, isolate, analyze, and reverse engineer vulnerabilities in open-source software
- Document attack capabilities
- Provide detection and remediation guidance
- Aid in ideas and prototypes for new tooling
- Collaborate with other team members toward shared product goals
- Improve Sonatype products by providing valuable security data
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and detail-oriented
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Currently reside in the UK - we are eager to find applicants based in any UK location, in particular Northern Ireland and who are legally entitled to work in this location without sponsorship.
Desired Background - nice to have
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science, Cybersecurity, Engineering, or related field
- Knowledge of application security such as the OWASP Top 10 or Sans 25
- Knowledge of different languages such as Python, Ruby, and scripting
- Knowledge of different operating systems such as *NIX, Windows
- Application vulnerability assessment or penetration testing experience
- Knowledge of open-source environments like Github is a plus
Things that we are proud of
- The opportunity to be part of an incredible, high-growth company, working on a team of experienced colleagues
- Fast Company Top 50 Companies for Innovators 2018, 2019, and 2020
- 2019 Best Places to Work Washington Post and Washingtonian
- 2019 Wealthfront Top Career Launch Company
- EY Entrepreneur of the Year 2019
- Diversity & Inclusion Working Groups
- Parental Leave Policy
- Paid Volunteer Time Off (VTO)
- Long term type of contract (contrato término indefinido)
- Flexible working hours 100% remote
- Fast learning
- Career plan
- Bonus for personal results
- Corporate results bonus.
- Additional vacation days (depending on time worked)
- Colombian holidays
- Opportunity to travel to the United States once a year for our Annual corporate meeting
At Sonatype, we value diversity and inclusivity. We offer perks such as parental leave, diversity, and inclusion working groups, and flexible working practices to allow our employees to show up as their whole selves. We are an equal opportunity employer, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please do not hesitate to let us know.