Open Source Support Engineer Worldwide
- Respond to, triage, escalate, and resolve user questions on various forums, including the WordPress.org plugin repository and GitHub source code repositories. Responses range from acknowledgement of receipt to documentation of solutions to creating patches.
- Maintain and update various 10up open source solutions based on triaged reports and roadmaps. Technical tools used include HTML, CSS, JS, React, PHP, WordPress, and Git.
- Advising project teams and engineers who have integration issues with both internal and external open source projects. This includes collaborating on near-term solutions and keeping a pulse on reported issues to update the team on relevant changes and fixes. For example, noting that a project team has been having issues with a certain API, reporting the issues upstream, and notifying the project team when the API has been fixed and any workarounds can be removed.
- Familiarity with the WordPress ecosystem, e.g. knowledge of popular tools, plugins, frameworks, best practices, and conventions.
- Familiarity with community management on GitHub and WordPress.org.
- Comfortable managing a local environment (e.g., WP Local Docker, wp env, Local by Flywheel) for testing plugins, themes, and client sites.
- Comfortable working in an asynchronous, distributed team with strong communication skills using tools like Slack, Teamwork, GitHub, and Gmail.
- Ability to communicate professionally with technical and non-technical colleagues and clients.
- Proficiency in verbal and written English.
Nice to have
- Experience working for demanding or enterprise-level clients.
- Evidence of contribution to the broader open web community.
- Remote working experience appreciated.
Vacancy page : https://10up.com/careers/open-source-support-engineer/