Office Manager Portland, OR
We're looking for someone to think outside the box on solving the human side of business needs. We are a small and highly efficient team with an office in Portland, Oregon. Your daily interactions will include communicating and collaborating with a handful of locally-based team members, our globally distributed team, and two subtenants who share our office space. As our Office Manager, you'll be supporting our organization by providing them with the tools, resources, and space to do their best work. Most importantly, you're an organized and thoughtful person who thinks about the impact you have on others.
We're accepting applications until January 31, 2020 (9 am US Pacific Timezone) - no advantage to applying first. Put your best foot forward.
As Office Manager, you will:
- Create a welcoming, clutter-free, and clean environment for all who step into our space by anticipating and assisting with their needs, and by greeting all our visitors.
- Assist our Leadership team in planning company-wide meetings, in-person meetups, team visits to Portland, and quarterly board meetings.
- Coordinate Board Meetings, Leadership Off-Sites, and other reoccurring travel needs for our team throughout the year in collaboration with our Operations Team and managers.
- Help develop culture-building initiatives like welcome packs for new hires, bi-annual team retreat logistics, and enhancing the way we celebrate our team's successes.
- Assist our Controller with invoice and check processing, tax mailings, and other projects as assigned.
- Work with the Operations team to onboard and offboard team members.
- Lead the effort and execute on celebrating our team member's major life events in an empathetic and human first way.
As a member of the Operations Team, you'll work with:
- Sonja Beardsley - Director of Operations, located in Portland, Oregon, USA - Sonja joined our team almost four years ago. She's seen the company grow from less than 20 people to a team of nearly 60! As Office Manager, you'll be reporting to Sonja. Her management style is highly collaborative, with an emphasis on autonomy.
- Portland Based Employees - We currently have nine people located in Portland, all of which split their time between working from home and coming into the office. You'll be the point of contact and owner over all things HQ.
- Subtenants - We currently have two subtenants who also work in the tech space, sharing our office like a co-working environment. They often need help with our conference rooms, shared spaces, and have guests coming into the office.
Beyond these folks, you'll also get to know the 50 other members of our team through leading culture building initiatives, coordinating travel plans, and helping with various projects.
Why should you work with Customer.io?
We're a growing, globally distributed team of 57+ people, an office in Portland, and two subtenants. It's challenging work to balance a welcoming office space while ensuring we're equitable to all our remote team members. As a small and efficient team, you'll have ownership over your responsibilities, while having a team of collaborators supporting you and pushing you to do your best.
We offer competitive salaries at or above the market rate. This position will range between USD $35,000-45,000 (full time, non-exempt), depending on experience.
We want to build and maintain a diverse, inclusive, and equitable environment where everyone has the opportunity to learn, mentor, and grow. We know that diverse teams make better products, and especially encourage applicants from underrepresented groups to apply — if you have any questions, please let us know via Twitter. We don't want "culture fit," but "culture add." We want people with different backgrounds from the team we have today to bring their perspective and thoughtfulness to the work that we do and the culture we're always working to build.
Final candidates will be asked to complete an employment and education verification authorization form as part of our pre-employment process.
Apply below, and be sure to mention your favorite Portland plant shop in your cover letter. There is no wrong answer, you'll have to trust us on that one!
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/customerio/jobs/2010732