Office Manager, HQ San Francisco, CA
GitHub helps companies and organizations succeed by allowing them to build better software, together. With over 36 million users, we are the system of record for global software development for individuals and enterprises alike.
We are looking for an experienced Office Manager to efficiently manage a well-stocked & gorgeous 90,000 sq ft office, as well as assist with internal & external events that embody our company values. This is an amazing opportunity for someone who is passionate about curating company culture and shaping the employee experience.
The ideal candidate thrives on multitasking, being meticulous organized, and finding unorthodox solutions to problems. This person can shift gears between independent work and collaboration. They also have a positive can-do attitude with an ear and eye to anticipating needs and a willingness to pitch in.
This role is based in San Francisco, reports to the Director of Global Workplace Experience and works in tandem with our Facilities Manager.
- Partner closely with our Facilities Manager to keep day-to-day office operations running smoothly at our 90,000 sq. ft. office
- Maintain office supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level, anticipating needed supplies, evaluating new office products, placing and expediting orders for supplies, and verifying receipt of supplies.
- Lead tours for outside groups as requested.
- Assist with the on-boarding process for new hires
- Manage all mail, inbound/outbound deliveries, and distribution of packages
- Coordinate desk allocation and moves.
- Manage office policies and procedures (ex - dog policy)
- Assist with internal and external events (i.e. happy hours, hackathons, holiday parties, etc.) as needed.
- Act as a nurturer of company culture. Working to ensure our environment is productive, fun, inclusive and stimulating.
- Track utilization metrics & operational spend, and make recommendations to improve efficiency while maintaining quality experiences.
- Handle employee requests with a high degree of customer service.
- Create, maintain and enhance strong relationships across various levels of the organization.
- Oversee food and beverage programs.
- Minimum of 3 years office manager experience in a rapidly growing organization
- Excellent attention to detail, great organizational skills, and solid judgment capabilities
- Must have a team player attitude and be willing to collaborate with others
- Event coordination experience a plus.
- Equally awesome written and verbal communication skills, you’ll be chatting with people online and off throughout the day
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. Over 36 million people use GitHub to build amazing things together across 100 million repositories. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
- Customer Obsessed
- Trust by Default
- Ship to Learn
- Own the Outcome
- Growth Mindset
- Global Product, Global Team
- Anything is Possible
- Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where over half of our Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The other half of our Hubbers work remotely in 18 countries across the globe. Here is a complete list of where we can hire!
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country, if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/github/jobs/1801817