Observability - QA and Automation Engineer Distributed, EMEA
At Elastic, we have a simple goal: to solve the world's data problems with products that delight and inspire. As the company behind the popular open source projects — Elasticsearch, Kibana, Logstash, and Beats — we help people around the world do great things with their data. From stock quotes to Twitter streams, Apache logs to WordPress blogs, our products are extending what's possible with data, delivering on the promise that good things come from connecting the dots. The Elastic family unites employees across 30+ countries into one coherent team, while the broader community spans across over 100 countries.
The Observability team is in charge of developing solutions that focus on application developers and engineers that run infrastructure and services supporting these applications. Elasticsearch is an efficient datastore for logs, metrics, and application traces, supporting the three pillars of observability. The Observability team builds and maintains solutions that make getting insights from this data turnkey and efficient, such as our APM, Infrastructure Monitoring, and Logs solutions. When developing these solutions, we think about the problem end-to-end: how do we automatically collect data from common data sources, how do we store it efficiently in Elasticsearch, how do we present this information to the user, what actions do we take on the insights from the data? All of these aspects are important in bringing a turnkey solution to the market.
You will be part of a team developing a high quality, open source APM, Metrics and Logging solutions aimed to help fellow developers instrument, debug, and monitor applications and infrastructure. You will be deeply involved with the entire team in helping them set up the proper automation to build, test and deliver the product.
Specifically you will be responsible for our CI platform developing a Jenkins infrastructure but also putting in place the test setup to help developers write and execute their tests (ie. docker images, kubernetes setup, integration tests, etc).
What you will be doing
- Join the Observability team to help improve the delivery pipeline in APM agents and server.
- Manage and improve our APM Jenkins CI installation
- Manage and improve the testing automation setup, i.e. docker images, automation scripts, kubernetes setup, etc.
- Collaborate with developers in how to improve the test suites and framework for unit, integration, functional and stress testing.
What you will bring
- Creative problem solving, strong troubleshooting skills
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Delivery tools
- Experience using Jenkins and/or building Jenkins plugins
- Experience in Jenkins administration, especially of large-scale instances
- Good coding skills in one or more programming languages and scripting languages (Java, groovy, python, bash, etc).
- Extensive experience with Docker, AWS or GCP and Linux OS
- Previous experience developing automated tests for large-scale web applications and services
- Experience with large scale automated test suites including unit, integration, performance, and functional testing
- Experience using test frameworks ie. Selenium, Cucumber, JUnit, JMeter, LoadRunner, etc...
- Competitive pay and benefits
- Option to work 100% remote or from any office
- Stock options
- Catered lunches, snacks, and beverages in most offices
- An environment in which you can balance great work with a great life
- Passionate people building phenomenal products
- Employees with a wide variety of interests
- Your age is only a number. It doesn't matter if you're just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
- Distributed-first company with employees in over 30 countries, spread across 18 time zones, and speaking over 30 languages! Some even fly south for the winter :)
Elastic is an Equal Employment employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. Elastic also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law.
Submission form questions
Do you have previous demonstrable experience working with Jenkins?, please elaborate.
Do you have experience defining test suites (unit, integration, performance, functional)?, please elaborate
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/elastic/jobs/1534642