North America Benefits Manager San Francisco, CA (HQ)
GitHub is searching for a North America Benefits Manager to join our Human Resources team. You will develop, implement and manage U.S. and Canada benefits programs, including health, retirement, and leaves, while ensuring a great employee experience. The right candidate thrives in a fast-paced, high growth culture that values strategic communication, teamwork, and results. You are self-motivated and detail oriented with a strong orientation to data analytics and project management.
- Design, implement, and administer Canada and U.S. health, life, disability, leaves, time off, and retirement programs.
- Project manage renewals and U.S. Open Enrollment including partnering with brokers/vendors, managing timelines, and overseeing implementation.
- Drive maintenance and improvement of benefits policies, procedures, and processes.
- Ensure benefits programs deliver a great employee experience through innovative solutions, communications, and education.
- Foster strong cross-functional relationships with Finance, Legal, Systems, Procurement and Communications teams.
- Partner with M+A team on benefits activities including due diligence and integration.
- Partner with third-party Leaves administrator to ensure accurate delivery of company leaves program.
- Collaborate with the Communications team to ensure benefits programs are communicated effectively and creatively to employees and dependents.
- Stay abreast of compliance updates and requirements. Ensure all benefits and leave programs are compliant with local and federal laws.
- Collaborate with the Benefits team on company Wellness strategy.
- Serve as the employee contact for escalated inquiries.
- 5-8 years of experience in U.S. benefits
- Experience working with remote employee populations
- Experience managing U.S. self-insured benefits plans
- Strong project management and analytical skills
- Ability to develop strong collaborative relationships
- Ability to think strategically and empathetically
- Workday experience strongly preferred
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, HR, or related field
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, and to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
Customer Obsessed - Trust by Default - Ship to Learn - Own the Outcome - Growth Mindset - Global Product, Global Team - Anything is Possible - Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where many Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The rest of our Hubbers work remotely around the globe. Check out an updated list of where we can hire here: https://github.com/about/careers/remote
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/github/jobs/3054490