New Markets Business Development Representative Chicago, IL
Hireology’s technology empowers businesses to build great teams. Over the last ten years, we’ve grown from a startup to a market-leading organization with over 165 team members, and we’ve created an award-winning culture that makes this company an amazing place to work.
It’s with that in mind that Hireology is looking for a Market Development Representative to join our Market Strategy & Operations unit on the Corporate Development team. This individual will be responsible for proactive outbound appointment setting and qualifying prospects focused on our newest markets that need validation. This person will also be providing market feedback on prospect and customer pain points, market intelligence, and dynamics that would inform Hireology’s decision to continue to pursue this market or not. We are seeking driven, sales-minded individuals who are looking for an opportunity to join a high-growth organization.
As our Market Development Representative, you’ll be responsible for:
- Building prospecting lists for our newest verticals
- Setting qualified appointments for Senior and Strategic Account Executives on the Sales team
- Consistently meet or exceed goals and metrics on a daily, weekly, monthly basis
- Capturing market feedback in a consistent and concise manner
So what kind of person are we looking for in this role? We have a pretty unique culture here at Hireology, and the person who will be successful in this role will be:
- Be Driven - As a sales-minded individual, you will develop and build world-class relationships with each prospect. You want to ensure that they understand the value that Hireology will bring to their business. You will have a desire to want to grow professionally and progress in your career.
- Have Great Communication Skills - You will tell Hireology’s story to all types of businesses with all types of owners. You will make sure that you remain transparent and eager to answer questions while embracing the needs of the customer.
- Metrics-Driven - We’re passionate about data and trends. While achieving your monthly, quarterly, and annual goals, you will be just as passionate while also providing a wow experience for each customer that you contact.
- Entrepreneurial - You must be resourceful with conducting research, developing market materials and engagement methods that could further the cause of validating the market
Okay, we’ve laid out what the job is - now are you qualified? Below are the minimum qualifications we’re looking for in a Market Development Representative candidate. Also, we want a chance to get to know who you are and why you applied, so please include a cover letter.
- 1-2 years of B2B Sales experience in new markets
- Salesforce.com or other comparable CRM experience a plus
- Highly motivated, driven, self-starter
- Pathological optimism and a can't-lose attitude, with a healthy dose of reality thrown in
- Must be able to interact and communicate with individuals at all levels of the organization
So what can you expect after you apply? You will:
- Take a brief true/false survey. Be sure to check your email after you apply.
- Have a phone conversation with someone on our Recruiting team. This is a high-level conversation about you, but also a good opportunity for you to learn more about us.
- Meet with our Corporate Development team to discuss how you would make an impact in this role.
- Take a strategic critical thinking assessment that determines how we can develop you at Hireology.
- Provide us with some references. We use our automated reference check system for this, so you just give us some names, they fill out a survey, and we are all set.
- Speak with our VP of Corporate Development. This will be an opportunity for us to get an idea of how you got to where you are, and if where you want to go lines up with where we are going.
We are an equal opportunity employer and prohibit discrimination/harassment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Vacancy page : https://careers.hireology.com/hireology2/484517/description