Quickly maturing startup seeking like minded NetDevOps Engineer! PacketFabric is redefining the carrier network as software as a service. The technical team is a small, talented, and close knit group and we need some help to make network operations flow smoothly.
As a well rounded NetDevOps Engineer, you should definitely be the type that appreciates diversity in your day, and challenges outside of your comfort level!
A typical day might include these types of activities:
- Work with the network architects to automate router provisioning and upgrades across thousands of network devices, taking into account all sorts of annoying things and edge cases
- Develop tools for network capacity planning, by working closely with network engineering, infrastructure, and procurement
- Work on streamlining the maintenance and outage process, by getting things like many many ugly vendor emails into an orderly database
- Write API’s and tools to manage and maintain the network overall
- Research and implement additional ideas you may have to improve the product/platform
Skills & Requirements
The right candidates will have an extreme abundance of hard core programming skills and be extremely well versed in various network protocols and network equipment. They will be comfortable handling orchestration tools and dealing with frustrating large data sets. You will also know how to sacrifice algorithm elegance, for getting it done on deadline, and know when it is time to go refactor some code to improve latency in various situations. You don't even need to be reminded of safe/secure programming practices, because things as simple as session security are inherent to your nature.
Specific requirements include:
- A ridiculous amount of experience working in network environments to automate tasks, or other complex environments, such as industrial equipment
- Second nature when working in a LAMP stack environment, armed with a command line
- Loads of experience with Python, and solid OO programming paradigms
- Experience with orchestration tools like Ansible and Jenkins
- Good familiarity with basic network protocols include MPLS, EVPN, VXLAN, and BGP
- Previous work with Juniper and Arista hardware, any router APIs, other open source configuration tools, or writing your own scripts for configuration
- A huge plus for previous work in large scale networks
- Never being afraid to venture boldly where none have gone before, and develop code where there are no previous libraries to draw from
Some knowledge that would be a huge plus:
- Familiarity administering/troubleshooting Juniper/Cisco/Arista platforms.
- Experience with extremely large scale network management and monitoring.
- Experience with OpenTSDB, ElasticSearch, or HBase.
What PacketFabric offers:
- The chance to disrupt the entrenched Internet infrastructure industry.
- A supportive and optimistic team that likes to learn from each other.
- A product development pipeline that’s always pushing new features and enhancing the quality of existing products.
- The opportunity to work with many different technologies.
- The opportunity to work with lots of open source technology.
- A small company culture.
- A flat reporting structure.
- Outstanding health, dental, and 401(k) for US residents.
What PacketFabric doesn't offer:
- Lack of direction: we maintain a clear roadmap and product pipeline.
- Pre-meetings: we don’t hold meetings to plan other meetings.
- A commute: no hours wasted in megaregion rush hour traffic.
- A dress code: a robe and slippers is acceptable attire any day of the week.