NBA Video Editor Worldwide
Company: Vox Media
Vox Media contributors thrive on innovation and change while ambitiously seeking to master their subject areas, hone their craft, and improve their communities. We help smart, talented, creative professionals make a meaningful impact in media, technology and the world around them. The Vox Media house of networks includes industry-leading media forces like SB Nation, Eater, The Verge, Vox, Curbed, Recode, Racked and Polygon, and reaches an audience of hundreds of millions, generating over a billion content views each month.
Vox Media's SB Nation is the fastest-growing online sports media brand and the largest network of more than 300 individual fan-centric sports communities, including SBNation.com, our national flagship property. Our network is powered by the most respected web-native sports journalists. One part of our network is looking for new leadership, and that's where you come in.
SB Nation Team Sites are looking for a NBA Video Editor to work on a YouTube channel dedicated to players, moments and events happening with teams across the league.
What you'll do:
- Producing and editing longform video content at least once a week specifically for our YouTube channel.
- Developing and making adjustments to video shows or series to help the YouTube channel grow.
- Work with the Executive Producer, and specific NBA team sites to create content that will appeal to fans of those teams.
- Regular communication with SB Nation management regarding site goals, traffic, and progress.
What you'll bring:
- Have a passion for basketball news and history.
- Have strong storytelling skills.
- Be a self-starter and pitch video ideas regularly.
- Access to Adobe Creative Suite (specifically After Effects, Premiere, and Photoshop).
- Compositing and integrating animations and graphics into video.
- Take responsibility for projects and self-produce/direct when necessary, or alternatively work closely with the Executive Producer to realize a specific vision.
This is a contractor position that pays a monthly stipend. Some daytime availability is preferred. If your background and experience don’t perfectly align with every single thing we’re looking for, but you believe you have the potential to thrive in this role, we encourage you to apply. To apply, please submit a resume, cover letter, and a portfolio/website featuring your work.
Vox Media is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds, and everyone is encouraged to apply. Vox Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.