NBA Social Media Contributor --Minnesota Timberwolves Worldwide
Company: Vox Media
Vox Media employees thrive on innovation and change while ambitiously seeking to master their subject areas, hone their craft, and improve their communities. We help smart, talented, creative professionals make a meaningful impact in media, technology and the world around them. The Vox Media house of brands includes industry-leading media forces like SB Nation, Eater, The Verge, Vox, Curbed, Recode, Racked and Polygon, and reaches an audience of hundreds of millions, generating over a billion content views each month.
Come internet with us!
SB Nation's NBA team site covering the Minnesota Timberwolves is looking for more talent to add to their tremendous staff. We value writers that help enrich discussion on our sites, promote our material on social media and cover everything entailed with basketball. Bring your strong voice and opinions and share your thoughts with the world. Your chance for greatness is at hand.
Joining the largest Minnesota Timberwolves blog and community on the web gives you one of the more prominent voices in the basketball community. Team fan bases are always ravenously consuming our material, and you'll have a chance to speak to the masses through our wide-reaching SB Nation platform. This position also calls for a great deal of creativity and outside the box thinking!
Social Media Coordinator
Some people are just programmed for social media, specifically, for us, that's Facebook. We need people who can contribute to our social accounts and use them to effectively promote our material. This includes scheduling tweets/posts for ICYMI's with enticingly clever pitch lines that present the article content in an appealing light rather than just regurgitating the link (regurgitation is an easy way to get unfollowed.)
This role also engages followers in conversation to keep a lively personality flowing through the account in addition to occasionally live-tweeting/Facebooking events. The goal of the social media coordinator will be to grow our social media platforms, create a voice for each platform, interact with fans on social media and respond to inquiries and comments as needed, etc.
- You are a huge fan of basketball and passionate follower of the Minnesota Timberwolves and have experience writing about these topics. If you don't yet have experience you can join your favorite team site and start writing FanPosts. It's how many of our writers got their start.
- You can take the thoughts inside your head and transcribe them into competent arrangements of English words that effectively communicate your idea, i.e., you need to be able to write complete sentences. And more!
- You enjoy working both independently and as part of a team.
- You take genuine pride in your writing, your discussions and how you gather facts and data to back them up.
- You are an active member of one of our communities who submits FanPosts or FanShots or are very interested in figuring out how the site operates and communicates.
- You are active on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram, spending time looking for fresh news and analysis of your team.
- You enjoy discussing your team on our website(s) and want to enrich the discussion in our comments.
- Responsible for various platforms for Canis Hoopus
- Responsible for creating original content specific to each social media platforms
- Experience with photoshop, design, audio/video editing are all a big plus
- Must be available to check and update social media throughout the day
- Must have a passion and understanding for social media platforms
- Must be self-directed and thrive on using creativity to take on challenges
- Knowledge of social media analytics a huge plus
Vox Media is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds, and everyone is encouraged to apply. Vox Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.