MongoDB Consultant United States, Canada
With more than 3,000 customers worldwide, Percona is the only company that delivers enterprise-class solutions for both MySQL® and MongoDB® across traditional and cloud-based platforms. Percona provides Software, Support, Consulting, and Managed Services to large, well-known global brands such as Cisco Systems, Time Warner Cable, Alcatel-Lucent, Rent the Runway and the BBC, as well as smaller enterprises looking to maximize application performance while streamlining database efficiencies. Well established as thought leaders, Percona experts author content for the Percona Database Performance Blog and the Percona Live Open Source Database Conferences draw attendees and expert technical speakers from around the world.
Discover what it means to work with the smartest people in the industry, solving the most challenging problems our customers can throw at you. We offer flexible hours, competitive salaries and a great experience of working on a multinational team of experts.
The Consultant will develop relationships with customers, comprehend and fulfill their needs, and maintain their satisfaction through onsite and remote customer engagements. He/she will scope the technical work that is required to ensure the best possible solution is delivered to the customer given the customer’s unique set of circumstances. Additionally, the Consultant will troubleshoot and resolve customer issues of any complexity as the need arises.
You will work remotely and most people work from their homes. Up to 50% travel will be required, both for onsite projects and internal meetings. Access to a reliable high-speed Internet connection is required. The consultant must be able to work full-time during US business hours and be able to work within North America.
This is primarily a MongoDB expert position, but Percona also works heavily with MySQL and anyone with cross-over expertise would be preferred.
What are we looking for?
- The ability to talk and collaborate with a customer, envision their problem, and whiteboard solutions
- The ability and desire to figure out how to implement true highly available systems, not just at the database level, but throughout the entire stack
- The passion to see a problem, build a battle plan, and attack the problem
- More than a desire to learn, a thirst and a yearning for learning new ways of doing things. We love people who can think both in and out of the box.
- Someone who not only knows a wide variety of technology, but the wisdom to know when to use it and why
- Someone who can talk low-level technical details or high level strategy depending on the situation.
- Someone who wants to be challenged, and is uncomfortable by the thought of not moving ahead
- Take what you do, and mentor and teach others in and out of the company how to do it as well
Skills / Technologies we are interested in
- MongoDB expertise in all areas of implementation: installation, configuration, upgrades, tuning
- Strong skills in replication and sharding
- Production experience, Multiple datacenters, Large datasets
- MySQL and InnoDB configuration, performance tuning, query optimization, & index tuning, MySQL Backups, Application development with MySQL
- Linux, FreeBSD
- HA tools: load balancers, Pacemaker, GSLB, DRBD, etc.
- Percona XtraDB Cluster / Galera
- PHP, Java, Nodejs, Go, Python, Ruby, etc.
- Other NoSQL - Cassandra, etc.
- Networking, system administration, hardware, virtualization, containers, scripting, IO subsystems
- Ability to create and deliver presentations
- Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Vagrant, Consul, etc would be nice to have but not required
- Content Management Systems (Drupal, Wordpress, etc.), Ecommerce (Magento, etc.) would be nice to have but not required
Location: Remote work from home position. Open to candidates that live anywhere within North America.
HQ is in Raleigh, NC. Staff members should be available if there is a need for any onsite trainings and/or events at any time.Note that your legal agreement will be with Percona Staffing LLC, a USA corporation and a subsidiary of Percona LLC.
Note that your legal agreement will be with Percona Staffing LLC, a USA company and a subsidiary of Percona LLC.
Vacancy page : http://jobs.jobvite.com/percona/job/o1oa7fwq