Mobile Telemetry Engineer United States, Canada, Europe
At Mozilla we want to make Firefox a delightful product for our users. We are collecting and processing terabytes of data a day from hundreds of millions of users to improve our Firefox products, build data driven features, and foster a data-informed culture. We need your help.
You will be working with a talented group of engineers, product managers, and data scientists to make the Web a better place and impact the everyday lives of our users. Our goal is to empower our colleagues in making Firefox products better than ever.
As a Mobile Telemetry engineer at Mozilla:
- You will take a leading role on the Mobile Telemetry libraries by defining and adding new features.
- You will improve the quality of our Mobile Telemetry data by diagnosing and solving problems.
- You will work with different teams to help them instrument features in our Mobile products and Firefox.
- You will contribute to our team on supporting our Firefox Telemetry library.
Your professional profile:
- BS/MS in CS, CE or similar field... or 3+ years relevant work experience
- Proficiency with the following languages: Java, C++ or Rust
- Experience working on Android applications
- Ability to work collaboratively with a distributed team
- Ability to work with other teams across an organization
- Ability to clearly communicate verbally and in writing
As our team works across multiple areas, you should be curious and be passionate about learning new things. We’re excited to see any additional experience you have with:
- Modern web development, Rust or Python.
- Using data to improve products.
- Building cross-platform client applications or libraries on Desktop or mobile.
- Contributing to a large code-base.
If you have different experiences and skills from the ones listed above but have something else to contribute, please contact us.
Mozilla is a global organization, and this role is available in Europe or North America. You must have work authorization in one of these countries (we cannot hire anyone on a student visa at this time). We support flexible work hours, paid professional development, and have a wellness program that includes child care assistance.
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/mozilla/jobs/1261431