Mobile Device Connectivity Lead Technology & Analytics Remote, United States
Medidata: Conquering Diseases Together
Medidata is leading the digital transformation of life sciences with the world's most-used platform for clinical development, commercial and real-world data. Powered by artificial intelligence and delivered by #1 ranked industry experts, the Intelligent Platform for Life Sciences helps pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device companies and academic researchers accelerate value, minimize risk and optimize outcomes. Medidata serves more than 1,000 customers and partners worldwide and empowers more than 100,000 certified users every day to create hope for millions of patients. Discover the future of life sciences: www.mdsol.com
We know that diverse teams win and are fully committed to selecting leaders and employees that represent the markets in which we operate. We are still led by our Co-founders, Tarek Sherif and Glen de Vries, and have global operations in US, Europe and Asia with over 2000 employees.
The Mobile Device Connectivity Lead will be pivotal in building a connectivity strategy for Medidata's Patient Cloud devices across the global. This individual will develop a global and scalable plan and execute that plan to ensure that our devices have the most reliable cellular connectivity for data transmission.
- To build customized and complex strategies for delivery of IOT connectivity around NB IOT/2G/3G/4G & Private LTE globally
- To develop an ecosystem of devices and sensors for various IOT applications through an in-house capability/partnership approach
- Understand study requirements around IOT connectivity and devices and sensors and create a feasibility matrix and technical architecture for deployment and application
- Deliver pilots and proof of concepts for connectivity, device and apps and monitor the performance.
- Closely coordinate and interact with regulatory agencies for device and connectivity specifications and be knowledgeable on white papers, draft specification and ensure adherence
- Troubleshoot connectivity related escalations from the Help Desk
- Technical understanding of IOT ecosystem including platform, device and application and device protocols
- Comprehensive understanding of present and future network SIM technologies.
- Should have understanding of existing regulations and standards around connectivity
- Able to coordinate, propose workflow and execute project workflow
- Excellent communication skills including verbal, presentation, email and social interaction
Your Education & Experience:
- 5-7 years of experience with wireless global connectivity and IOT devices
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related field preferred
- Previous experience in clinical research trials, clinical research software a plus
Medidata is making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere by accelerating critical drug and medical device development, enabling life-saving drugs and medical devices to get to market faster. Our products sit at the convergence of the Technology and Life Sciences industries, one of most exciting areas for global innovation. Nine of the top 10 best-selling drugs in 2017 were developed on the Medidata platform.
Medidata’s solutions have powered over 14,000 clinical trials giving us the largest collection of clinical trial data in the world. With this asset, we pioneer innovative, advanced applications and intelligent data analytics, bringing an unmatched level of quality and efficiency to clinical trials enabling treatments to reach waiting patients sooner.
Medidata Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medidata Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the law. Medidata Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Vacancy page : https://jobs.jobvite.com/medidata-solutions/job/oXvcbfwz