Mid Market Account Manager San Francisco, CA (HQ)
GitHub helps companies and organizations succeed by allowing them to build better software together. The revenue team is looking for a Mid Market Account Manager to develop, manage and grow relationships with GitHub’s existing customer base. The Mid-Market Account Management team plays a pivotal role in the retention and overall satisfaction and trust of our customers in a high growth market segment, driving expansion of our product footprint with these customers. The ideal candidate will have sales and relationship management experience combined with a passion for learning about the GitHub platform and our competitive advantages and building strong connections with our customers.
- Own a named account list and develop a territory plan for maintaining and expanding business across customer accounts in the Mid-Market segment
- Research and understand your customers to gain insight into their business challenges and GitHub value proposition
- Understand how customers are using GitHub and collaborate with them to ensure they get the most out of the GitHub platform
- Influence and drive the sales process while managing stakeholders
- Collaborate with internal partners to move deals forward and ensure customer success
- Lead and contribute to team projects to develop and refine our sales process
- Learn about customer’s successes and challenges, share customer feedback with GitHub Product and Engineering, and advocate for customer interests
- 4+ years sales experience with a track record of success
- Proven ability to learn new technology and products
- Have clear examples of growing customer accounts using a proven sales process
- Ability to develop and execute account plans spanning multiple business units to drive complex sales and renewal cycles
- Previous experience building relationships and selling to C level executives
- A strong team player but still a self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced, high-growth startup environment
- Knowledge of Git and GitHub workflows
- Strong and technical aptitude and ability to become deeply fluent in GitHub’s technology and the industry
- High energy and positive attitude
- Ability to take initiative and build customer trust with empathy
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Flexible (ability to work across different time zones) and able to think quickly
- Willing to go the extra mile with a strong work-ethic; self-directed and resourceful
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, and to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
Customer Obsessed - Trust by Default - Ship to Learn - Own the Outcome - Growth Mindset - Global Product, Global Team - Anything is Possible - Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where many Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The rest of our Hubbers work remotely around the globe. Check out an updated list of where we can hire here: https://github.com/about/careers/remote
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/github/jobs/3240528