Marketing Web Developer - USA - Remote US - Remote /
We are 400+ employees from diverse backgrounds that hail from more than 50 countries and speak 15 languages. But, we all share one thing in common: we’re passionate about accelerating software innovation. Our vision is to put Nexus products at the center of every open-source decision made by modern engineering organizations.
We support our remote employee experience. While we have great office spaces in the Fulton MD, Tyson's Corner VA, London UK, and Sydney AUS, we’re very distributed and remote first (and always have been). We use several communication tools to connect across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to visit our offices and meet their teams face-to-face at team meetups. We also have an annual company meetup to get quality in-person time with the entire company at least once a year.
Learn more at www.sonatype.com.
The Marketing Web Developer will help us in our mission by building engaging digital experiences to help grow and scale our business. The ideal candidate can conceptualize and execute website experiences from start to finish applying modern user experience and customer journey best practices to promote engaging site visits. We are looking for a web language sauve and technical website enthusiast who has extensive experience creating web experiences that are modern and interactive to inspire audiences to take action through a crafted, business oriented user journey.
- Lead the development of the Sonatype.com website including coding, UX, template development and enhancement, and architecture with considerations to customer journey, site accessibility, SEO, and an overall experience to drive engagement and conversions.
- Collaborate with the design team to translate design mockups into functional, accurate and engaging web experiences.
- Implement quality front-end code standards and QA (testing) process to ensure mistake free website deployments.
- Work closely with demand, content, and design teams to craft effective, user-friendly landing pages and email templates for inbound and campaigns.
- Monitor website technical SEO performance and implement recommendations in coordination with elements, structure, XML sitemap of websites and web pages.
- Develop A/B testing and conversion optimization efforts on the website including product pages and other key online experiences.
- Troubleshoot website issues and bugs and coordinate with internal and external teams for timely resolution.
- Manage library of HubSpot dev files: templates, CSS, modules, JS, etc.
- Evaluate marketing technology to support business and department growth including new and existing tool cost-benefit analysis.
Technical Skills and Background:
- 5 - 7 years experience working in marketing website development with enterprise class technologies
- Experience in HubSpot CMS and with HubSpot Markup Language (HubL) required
- Experience managing digital agencies and contractors
- Basic working knowledge of backend programming preferred
- Proven in developing online experiences that deliver meaningful business results
- Deep understanding of modern marketing technologies
- Experience with Figma a plus
- Ability to work both independently and in a team-oriented collaborative environment
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and execute tasks professionally while in a high-pressure environment
- Ability to adapt to varied situations, quickly adjust to shifting priorities, demands, and timelines
- Technically competent & up to date with modern marketing automation
- Strong collaborator who seeks out cross-functional feedback and input to build comprehensive strategies
- Self-starter who enjoys technical challenges and embraces new opportunities
- Thoughtful problem solver, curious by nature and willing to solve challenges independently
What we offer:
- Fast Company Top 50 Companies for Innovators 2018, 2019, and 2020
- 2019 Best Places to Work Washington Post and Washingtonian
- 2019 Wealthfront Top Career Launch Company
- EY Entrepreneur of the Year 2019
- Diversity & Inclusion Working Groups
- Parental Leave Policy
- Paid Volunteer Time Off (VTO)
- See why we've won these awards and enjoy a 4.6 Glassdoor rating
At Sonatype, we value diversity and inclusivity. We offer perks such as parental leave, diversity, and inclusion working groups, and flexible working practices to allow our employees to show up as their whole selves. We are an equal opportunity employer, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please do not hesitate to let us know.