Marketing Strategist Worldwide
Barrel is a creative and digital marketing agency. We work with growing brands to build digital platforms and launch marketing campaigns. Clients include L’Oreal, Amazon, Barry’s, Well+Good, Dr. Jart+, and Scholastic as well as various emerging consumer lifestyle brands.
We are looking for an experienced and talented individual to join our Marketing Strategy & Business Intelligence (MSBI) Team. The MSBI Team supports Barrel’s clients by providing research, recommendations, strategic planning, and execution on digital marketing initiatives that directly enhance and optimize the client’s business performance. The team collaborates closely with clients to find ways to increase ecommerce sales, email sign-ups, and brand reach across different channels.
The Marketing Strategist will help brands develop and implement effective marketing strategies which may include bringing new products to market, planning a holiday campaign, or rethinking audience targets.
The Marketing Strategist will also mentor and guide our Marketing Analysts and interns in campaign planning, reporting, and problem-solving. The Marketing Strategist will be expected to speak knowledgeably up and down the marketing stack including web analytics, SEO, social media, paid media, conversion optimization, and customer retention.
We seek well-versed individuals who’ve worked closely and led conversations with ecommerce and marketing directors, marketing VPs, and other high-level client stakeholders.
We are currently looking for a Marketing Strategist to join our remote-first team. You can work from anywhere as long as you are able to work for the majority of our Eastern Time work hours of 10AM to 6PM.
Examples of What You Might Do
On a given day you might:
- Plan out the go-to-market strategy for a new ecommerce brand.
- Build a strategy for content marketing, complete with a content and promotions calendar and detailed game plan on distribution across different channels.
- Get deep into the data to find opportunities to A/B test a brand’s site, making gains over time with CRO.
- Strategy development: experience putting together comprehensive marketing strategy plans that detail activities across various channels as well as establishment of KPIs
- Brand marketing: deep understanding of brand positioning and messaging as well as translating a brand’s story into effective marketing campaigns
- Ecommerce: understanding of ecommerce platforms such as Shopify and Magento
- Web analytics: understand how to implement and draw insights from Google Analytics and other web analytics software; understand segmentation, conversions, and user behavior metrics
- SEO: understand search engine page rankings and optimizing for better results; experience using tools such as Google Search Console, SEMRush, Moz, or Raventools
- Conversion rate optimization: experience running A/B tests, creating landing pages, and improving overall conversion rates
- Email marketing: experience planning and running email campaigns on platforms such as MailChimp, Klaviyo, and Bronto
- Paid search / paid social: experience running paid search (especially AdWords) and paid social (especially Facebook) campaigns including keyword/ad copy planning
What we’re looking for
- Excellent presentation and speaking skills; this position will require a great deal of client-facing communications
- At least 5-7 years experience working in an agency or brand-side environment with exposure to digital marketing and ecommerce
- Analytical and detail-oriented with an affinity for crunching data to surface insights; must have excellent command over Excel as well as extensive experience in using business intelligence tools
- Strong communication skills especially in explaining complex concepts in an understandable manner
- Tech-savvy and quick to pick up new software tools
What you’re excited about
- Helping to grow and develop processes within our Marketing Strategy & Business Intelligence Team and company-wide
- Collaborating closely with talented team members on fast-paced projects that see immediate impact
- Advising new and exciting brands on their marketing and ecommerce activities and working directly with the client to roll out enhancements and new campaigns
- Generating fresh and creative ideas on ways to raise the profile of the brand and to turn audiences into new customers
Barrel offers competitive salary, health/dental/vision coverage, paid vacation, half-day Fridays all year round, remote home setup stipend, and a professional development stipend. Most importantly, we work on projects that truly impact our clients’ businesses and attract team members who love to be challenged with tough problems and fast-paced work.
To apply, please fill out our online job application here. We will not accept applications that do not come through the online application form.
Vacancy page : https://www.barrelny.com/careers/marketing-strategist/