Marketing Operations Manager, WordPress VIP Worldwide
WordPress VIP is part of the Automattic family of innovative brands. Our goal is to bring the ease and agility of WordPress to the world’s largest companies. We get to work with customers like Facebook, Salesforce and Disney and help them create beautiful digital experiences. We are scaling fast and our team is helping drive some of the most exciting programs across VIP. This is an opportunity to join an early-stage marketing team where your impact will be significant. We hope you can join us at this exciting stage of company growth!
We are looking for a Marketing Operations Manager to oversee the day-to-day management of our marketing tech stack, our prospect database and drive revenue program execution and automation. The Marketing Operations Manager will report into our Head of Growth Marketing and will work closely with marketing, sales operations, and biz dev teams. This person will need to act as a strategist and individual contributor to maximize their impact.
We offer flexible work arrangements allowing our team members to work when and where they feel best. For this role, we’re prioritizing applicants with deep experience in the North American market.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Own strategy and execution of prospect and lead management including, but not limited to: data acquisition, lead flow, automation logic, forms, campaign hierarchy, ABM, and scoring & grading.
- Manage the operations of acquisition campaigns across automation, CRM, and other go-to-market tools.
- Own the technology to power account-based marketing (ABM) strategy, segmentation and execution.
- Own the marketing database and segmentation strategy, to ensure marketing campaigns and sales processes deliver desired results.
- Continually evaluate the technology stack and recommend key systems to further unlock business growth.
- In 6 months, you will have assessed, inventoried, and optimized our marketing tech stack. You’ll confirm we’re paying for the right products and that our team is using them as intended, applying the products to our account-based marketing strategies.
- You’ll be a key advisor to anything and everything technology with regard to marketing. For example, providing campaign numbers in salesforce, setting up programs to send out emails, and making recommendations to the team on similar initiatives.
Deep expertise in the following areas will be critical for success in this role:
Marketing Technologies: 5-7+ years of experience in marketing operations and assembling vendor solutions for revenue generation. You’ve built and managed an Account Based Marketing (ABM) stack with platforms like Google Analytics, Salesforce, Zoominfo, CaliberMind, Marketo, etc.
Automation Acumen: Deep subject matter expertise across Marketing Automation Systems (Pardot, Salesforce Marketing Cloud, Marketo), Website Systems (Drift, VWO, GA, etc.), and connected CRM (Salesforce).
Communication: Ability to synthesize and explain technical concepts in easy to understand ways with excellent written, oral, and illustrative skills.
Project Management: Can ship cross-functional initiatives with a high standard of communication, collaboration and impact.
Nice to have: Understanding and knowledge of the WordPress ecosystem.
We’re a distributed company with more than 1400 Automatticians in 80+ countries speaking 90+ different languages. Our common goal is to democratize publishing so that anyone with a story can tell it, regardless of income, gender, politics, language, or where they live in the world.
We believe in Open Source and the vast majority of our work is available under the GPL.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion at Automattic
We’re improving diversity, equity, and inclusion in the tech industry. At Automattic, we want people to love their work and show respect and empathy to all. We welcome differences and strive to increase participation from traditionally underrepresented groups. Our DEI committee involves Automatticians across the company and drives grassroots change. For example, this group has helped facilitate private online spaces for affiliated Automatticians to gather and helps run a monthly DEI People Lab series for further learning. Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is a priority at Automattic, though our dedication influences far more than just Automatticians: We make our products freely available and translate our products into and offer customer support in numerous languages. We require unconscious bias training for our hiring teams and ensure our products are accessible across different bandwidths and devices. Learn more about our dedication to diversity, equity, and inclusion and our Employee Resource Groups.