Marketing Data Analyst Worldwide
Marketing Data Analyst
Automattic is looking for a data analyst to join the marketing team. You will distill data into actionable insights to guide our customer marketing and retention strategy as well as inform product development efforts.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Build and maintain Looker and Looker model by proactively identifying and prioritizing what business owners need from our data.
- Support data scientists and engineers in developing scalable solutions to personalize the customer experience and to impact key business metrics.
- Design and lead initiatives to support our advertising efforts. This may look like customer segmentation models to inform tailored, multi-channel marketing strategies all the way to deeper, nuanced analysis of offline media buys.
- Conduct ad hoc analyses to better understand customer behavior, needs, and individual test results.
- Partner with other analysts and developers to increase data accessibility across the organization.
- Handle data requests submitted by marketing teams. Optimize Looker to reduce need for one-off data requests.
- Are proficient in SQL and Excel.
- Have experience with web analytics platforms such as: Google Analytics, KISSmetrics, or Mixpanel, or other BI or analytics tools.
- Have experience working with marketing teams to deliver analyses and answer business questions.
- Are able to communicate data in a way that is easy to understand and presents clear recommendations.
- Are highly collaborative and experienced in working with business owners, executives, developers and creatives to discuss data, strategy and tests.
- Have excellent prioritization and communication skills.
- Preferred, but not required: experience with Python and a background in statistics.
Like all positions at Automattic, you’ll work remotely, and can be based wherever you live.
Does this sound interesting? If yes, let us know what you can contribute to the team. We are lucky to receive hundreds of applications for every position, so try to make your application stand out in your application letter by telling us why you’d like to join Automattic.
At Automattic, we value diversity and know that different perspectives will ensure our team is innovative and creative thinking. Automattic is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we celebrate diversity. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, citizenship, or disability status. We look forward to hearing from you!
How to Apply
All Jobs Require
- Great communication skills. We’re a distributed team, so frequent and clear written communication is a must.
- Self-driven work ethic. You need to be a self-starter who loves taking initiative and seeing things through to completion.
- Curiosity and the desire to learn. Our business is changing and growing fast, who knows what will be the skills of tomorrow? Flexibility is key.