Marketing Automation Specialist Remote /
Barrel is a creative and digital marketing agency founded in 2006. We are a remote-first team with members across the world and an office in New York City.
We partner with the world’s most loved brands to scale and optimize their direct-to-consumer (DTC) businesses through brand, UX/design, technology/development, CRM/email, and marketing strategy.
Barrel specializes in the Fashion & Apparel, CPG Food & Beverage, Beauty & Skincare and Home Goods verticals. Past and current clients include L’Oreal Paris, Gap, SmartyPants Vitamins, Rowing Blazers, Barry’s, & ScottsMiracle-Gro.
Barrel is seeking a Marketing Automation Specialist to join our remote-first team. You can work from anywhere in the US.
As a Marketing Automation Specialist, you will be an expert in deploying campaigns in our client’s marketing automation systems (mainly Klaviyo). You will own day-to-day execution building emails, forms, and SMS campaigns. The Marketing Automation Specialist is also responsible for architecting solutions for simple and complex data/campaign flows.
· Participate in client kickoff meetings and translate client marketing automation requests into technical requirements.
·Create marketing campaign assets including emails, landing pages, and forms within a marketing automation platform utilizing both the WYSIWYG editor as well as coding HTML from scratch.
·Perform quality assurance on assets and programs.
·Create and provide internal and client facing documentation as it relates to marketing automation architecture and solutions produced for the client.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to present technical solutions in layman's terms
- Ability to produce client-facing documentation for complex data flows and custom marketing automation solutions
- Knowledge of email creative and HTML best practices
- Experience with design software such as Photoshop and Figma
- Strong web and Mac desktop skills – we use Microsoft Office, Slack, Google Docs, and various web-based tools such as Harvest, and Asana
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in executing campaigns in a marketing automation platform.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in gathering/understanding marketing requirements and translating those requirements into technical implementations.
- Intermediate understanding and hands-on experience with HTML and CSS.
- Email execution using Klaviyo
- Working within an agency environment is preferred
As a full-time member of the Barrel team, we offer the following benefits:
- Remote Work
- Competitive Salary
- Health/dental/vision coverage
- Paid vacation
- Half-day Fridays all year round
- Remote home setup stipend
- 401k match
- Professional development stipend
Most importantly, we work on projects that truly impact our clients’ businesses and attract team members who love to be challenged with tough problems and fast-paced work.
Barrel is proud to be an equal opportunity employer dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, culture, ethnicity, sex, gender identity and expression, nation of origin, age, veteran’s status, religion, disability, sexual orientation, appearance, opinions, beliefs and more.