Marketing Automation Specialist (Remote - United States) US - Remote /
We are 400+ employees from diverse backgrounds that hail from more than 50 countries and speak 15 languages. But, we all share one thing in common: we’re passionate about accelerating software innovation. Our vision is to put Nexus products at the center of every open-source decision made by modern engineering organizations.
We support our remote employee experience. While we have great office spaces in the Fulton MD, Tyson's Corner VA, London UK, and Sydney AUS, we’re very distributed and remote first (and always have been). We use several communication tools to connect across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to visit our offices and meet their teams face-to-face at team meetups. We also have an annual company meetup to get quality in-person time with the entire company at least once a year.
Learn more at www.sonatype.com.
About the Team:
Sonatype's marketing team is made up of over 30 marketers. Most of our team is located in the DC area; however, we support remote work. The Demand Generation team is committed to delivering great marketing experiences designed to drive company success.
Overview of Role:
In this new role, you will be a key player in the Marketing operations function, supporting operational strategies and processes that help accelerate business objectives and drive better efficiencies across the organization. You will use your knowledge and insights to build and maintaining best-in-class Mar-tech stacks.
Day to Day:
- Partner with the Sr. Manager of Marketing Operations to maintain existing infrastructure processes, provide user support and training as needed, test and troubleshoot tools that enable marketing automation, lead management functions, and related business processes.
- Execute the marketing operations strategy to include data management, operational management of marketing technology, audience building, reporting and defining processes, quality of marketing operation practices, and scale.
- Manage campaigns' operations strategy and implementation, including marketing automation campaigns, nurture programs, webinars, and events. Offer guidance for increased usage of existing technology and new tools to further marketing’s success.
- Drive day-to-day operational management of HubSpot, including list imports, data quality processing, workflows, email communications, process automation, audience building, and systems integration.
- Continually analyze and advise on database issues, data clean-up efforts, and work cross-functionally to achieve overall business database objectives. Advise team on best practices for continual improvement of database marketing practices
- Conduct impact analysis, document processes, evaluate proposed technical solutions as part of recommendations that optimize Marketing capabilities, including email marketing, response capture, lead scoring, lead nurture, and sales enablement.
- Execute strategy and data governance within HubSpot and SFDC, including data input process for records added or modified through HubSpot, ensuring proper sync with Salesforce.
- Partner with management on analytics, reporting, and the creation of dashboards that measure effectiveness and performance of database KPIs, campaigns, company’s pipeline, and revenue attribution.
What you bring to the table:
- 3-5 years of relevant experience working in marketing with enterprise-class technologies.
- Experience with Hubspot, Marketo, or Pardot.
- Salesforce experience.
- Knowledge of marketing lifecycle and demand generation concepts, strategies, and related processes, including marketing resource management, outbound marketing, activity management, lead scoring, lead nurture, and opportunity management.
- Familiarity with HTML/CSS
It would be great if you also had:
- Experience working with an enterprise software organization.
At Sonatype, we value diversity and inclusivity. We offer perks such as parental leave, diversity, and inclusion working groups, and flexible working practices to allow our employees to show up as their whole selves. We are an equal opportunity employer, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please do not hesitate to let us know.