Manager, Trust & Safety Amsterdam, the Netherlands
Manager, Trust & Safety (Remote - Amsterdam)
Remote - Amsterdam:
The GitHub Trust & Safety team is looking for a full-time remote people manager based in The Netherlands.
GitHub is seeking a people manager to help lead a team of Trust and Safety professionals based in [locations]. Trust & Safety is a fully distributed team whose overall mission is to help maintain a safe and productive environment for GitHub’s diverse community of users. We value diversity of thought and experience, deep intellectual engagement with one’s subject matter, intellectual curiosity, innovation, social awareness, and high emotional intelligence. We expect candidates that are excited about the important role GitHub plays in the world and the impact they can have on keeping our community safe and productive.
This role requires time split between people management and queue based ticket resolution. It may require working non-standard working hours, including holidays and being available on-call. This role will review content that may be graphic, violent, sexual, or otherwise distressing.
- Manage and mentor a fully distributed team of Trust & Safety Specialists located in [locations], including the following:
- Providing performance feedback and guidance
- Supporting career development
- Curating a healthy team culture that prioritizes inclusion, collaboration, and supporting each other in this work
- Serve as hiring manager for new Specialists in Europe and Asia
- Participate in QA, helping grade and assess specialist performance.
- Act as an escalation point for peers, CELA, and other cross-functional teams including being part of a pager duty rotation.
- Capably and consistently maintain multiple task queues covering different fields of knowledge.
- Investigate and respond to reports of abuse on GitHub.com, including categories such as:
- Privacy violations
- Malware, cryptocurrency abuse, and other reports of fraudulent activity
- Objectionable speech and content such as hate speech and pornography
- Organize and triage the team’s ticket queue on a daily basis
- Review and process requests to remove sensitive data and personal information
- Catalog workflow, log noteworthy events, and apply data to improve procedures.
- Work closely with Trust & Safety leadership to help create and refine operational processes and procedures.
- Coordinate with the Public policy team, PR, product management, product marketing, trust and safety, and other cross-functional teams on external communications, policy development, product development, internal and external tooling for content moderation, and product launches.
- Strong experience in Trust & Safety, specializing in content moderation, abuse, spam, and misinformation.
- Experience in people management of a Trust & Safety team working for a platform supporting user generated content.
- Experience applying different site policies, and creating processes for content review.
- Experience taking on projects involving different subject matters, and working with cross-functional organizations.
- Have interest and knowledge in law and policy as it applies to user-generated content platforms.
- A strong sense of empathy for team members, colleagues, and users.
- Focus on management skills and a passion for building and enabling high performing teams.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to be agile through change.
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative, transparent, fast-paced, and distributed workplace.
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills with the ability to coherently and strategically present information to product and engineering professionals, findings and recommendations in a clear manner.
- Experience managing remotely and/or with remote teams.
- Experience with Looker, manipulating large data sets, or ability to write SQL queries.
- Experience with Intellectual Property moderation (copyright and trademark).
- Deep understanding of software development, GitHub the platform and other developer ecosystemens, open source software, and law and policy relating to user generated content platforms.
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, and to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
Customer Obsessed - Trust by Default - Ship to Learn - Own the Outcome - Growth Mindset - Global Product, Global Team - Anything is Possible - Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where many Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The rest of our Hubbers work remotely around the globe. Check out an updated list of where we can hire here: https://github.com/about/careers/remote
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/github/jobs/2548632