Manager, Technical Support United States
Manager, Technical Support
Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is searching for a Manager to lead all aspects of one of our Programmable Messaging Customer Support teams. In this role, you’ll help us scale and grow to deliver an outstanding customer experience for Twilio customers. We are looking for a people-person who’s passionate about delighting customers, mentoring and developing staff, and helping us scale our processes and procedures. This role joins a fast-growing team reporting to the Sr. Director of Customer Support; this position is critical in supporting Twilio's continuing growth.
Twilio is looking for someone who lives the Twilio Magic and has a proven track record of leadership and consistently strong performance. They also have:
- 3+ years in a customer-facing technical support management or related management role in a web-based software or SaaS company.
- Leader With A Point Of View - Must have a proven ability to innovate and drive broad organizational impact.
- Strong communication skills (both verbal and written), especially in a technical environment.
- Empathetic - skillful at building trusting and honest relationships, putting themselves into their staff’s shoes and being their best advocate.
- Solid analytical skills – Not afraid to roll up your sleeves and dive into the data, and at ease with tools/processes needed for data focused decision-making.
- Demonstrated Results - Must have experience effectively leading a customer support team, consistently delivering at or above established critical metrics for productivity; CSAT, SLA and Backlog management.
- Technical skills – At ease with and exposure to SaaS or communications technology. Prior technical support engineering experience a plus.
- Effective coach - facilitate problem solving and encourage employees’ development through coaching and focus on staff growth and successful career progression.
- Situational Awareness - Must possess a high degree of emotional intelligence. Understand and adapt to the audience with whom you’re interacting, including your team, customers, and executives. Encourage diversity and inclusivity in collaboration.
- Decisive - Uses a framework or process to make decisions. At times, you will need to make decisions quickly and often with incomplete data.
- Persuasive - Bring others to their point of view using logic, data, and emotion. Have a formal process and framework by which to make qualitative and quantitative points, not just using emotional appeals.
- Accountable - Being willing to answer for the outcomes resulting from their own choices, behaviors, and actions and that of their team.
- Self Motivated - Motivated to do or achieve something because of one's own passion or interest.
- Collaborative - A keen ability to support cross-functional projects and decisions. Gets energized from working within a team and cross-functionally to achieve the company's goals
As a Support Manager, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER’s SHOES: Hands-on involvement resolving issues via email, phone and chat, handling complex customer inquiries.
- WRITE IT DOWN: Set ambitious team and individual goals, lead to key success metrics like customer satisfaction and response time SLAs.
- DRAW THE OWL: Iterate and improve upon best-in-class customer service experiences, processes and policies. Maintain an approach of continuous improvement, refining incident response time over phone, chat and email, improving the way the support team utilizes all support tools and features.
- BE AN OWNER & BE BOLD: Create a scalable workflow for issues and product tracking.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Support and maintain high morale among the team.
- NO SHENANIGANS: Supervise the day-to-day operations of a scaling customer support team(s); responsible for hiring, scheduling, formal training, informal coaching, career development and performance management.
This role is central to the delivering on Twilio Customer Support’s mission to provide an unparalleled experience answering customers’ questions, resolving customer issues, and empowering customers to build amazing applications.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio!
We employ diverse talent from all over the world and we believe great work can be done anywhere. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents Twilio's reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role if hired in Colorado. Please note that this information is provided for those hired in Colorado only, and this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well.
$99,840 - $137,280
Rest of Colorado:
$87,360 - $120,120
An overview of Twilio’s benefits offered is listed below:
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. It’s likely that you don’t think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
Healthcare Insurance and Leave
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of life’s moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/twilio/jobs/2877318