Manager, Software Engineering United States
See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as our next Engineering Manager!
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we're on a journey to becoming a globally antiracist company that supports diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
This position is needed to build solutions that prevent fraud and abuse, ensuring that Twilio is the leader in trusted communications. A successful candidate will be a self-starter, embody a growth mindset, collaborate effectively, can mentor junior engineers and operate highly resilient services.
In this role, you’ll:
- Manage employee career development by providing coaching and mentoring to junior engineers while guiding senior contributors to maximize their potential.
- Provide continuous performance feedback, collaborate with employees on their objectives and provide a clear path for progression through personal development plans.
- Be hands-on with the engineering team - contributing to the code base during the early days of the team and product.
- Institute development best practices to ensure the team produces high quality, well-architected and supportable code. Lead code and architecture design reviews
- Own, operate and maintain your team’s services. Employ Agile methodologies to continuously deliver value to customers. Institute and maintain a rotating on-call incident escalation and response processes for the team.
- Collaborate on roadmaps with Product Managers, Architects and Tech Leads to ensure the team has clear direction and priorities. Ensure there is cross-training and a healthy balance between features and technical debt.
- Interface with our central design team to ensure consistency across our user experiences.
- Help to break down roadblocks as well as managing communications with stakeholders and dependent teams. Create a culture of continuous improvement through retrospection.
- Foster leadership principles and behaviors throughout the organization to groom the next generation of leaders.
- Act as an ambassador for Twilio, recruiting and motivating top talent
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- A Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Computer Science.
- 10+ years experience writing production-grade code in a programming languages like Java or Python
- 3+ years experience managing a team of software engineers
- Strong theoretical fundamentals and hands-on experience designing and implementing highly available and performant fault-tolerant distributed systems.
- Exposure to SDLC from reviewing requirements through to debugging complex systems in Production.
- Exposure to architectural patterns of high-scale web application (e.g., well-designed APIs, high volume data pipelines, efficient algorithms).
- Experience maintaining and operating always-on cloud services and developing products on AWS/ GCP
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking, and communication skills.
- Experience building and iterating on observability of large-scale distributed systems
- Experience developing RESTful services, streaming applications using Kafka, Spark.
- Hands-on experience with SQL/NoSQL databases and caches.
- Experience automating CI/CD pipelines.
- Expertise in configuration management for deploying, configuring, and managing servers and systems.
- Strong belief in automation over toil.
This role will be based in the remote US.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
*Please note this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well. The information below is provided for those hired in Colorado only.
*If you are a Colorado applicant:
- The estimated pay range for this role, based in Colorado, is $127,960 - $201,080.
- Sales Commission: Additionally, this role is eligible to earn commissions and eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
- Non-Sales: Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
The successful candidate’s starting salary will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, and geographic location within the state. This role is also eligible to participate in Twilio’s equity plan and for the following benefits: health care insurance, 401(k) retirement account, paid sick time, paid personal time off, paid parental leave.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/twilio/jobs/3727319