Manager, Software Engineering (M3) United States
See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as our next Software Engineering Manager for Regional and International expansion.
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we're on a journey to becoming a globally antiracist company that supports diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
This position is needed to lead an engineering team in building services to support Twilio’s expansion into new regions and points of presence across the globe. This team supports Twilio’s international expansion goals which is one of the major growth vectors for Twilio.
This team will contribute to a major architectural initiative for the Twilio platform and the work will have a significant impact on the trajectory of the company.
In this role, you’ll:
- Cultivate a highly collaborative team with emphasis on inclusivity and empowering others
- Manage employee career development by providing coaching and mentoring to junior engineers while guiding senior contributors to maximize their potential.
- Provide continuous performance feedback, collaborate with employees on their objectives and provide a clear path for progression through personal development plans.
- Own, operate and maintain your team’s services, employing Agile methodologies to continuously deliver value to customers.
- Collaborate on roadmaps with Product Managers, Architects and Tech Leads to ensure the team has clear direction and priorities.
- Foster leadership throughout the organization to groom the next generation of leaders.
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
7+ years of software engineering experience including 2+ years of experience in a management role
- Demonstrated experience leading inclusive teams, mentoring junior engineers, and teaching proven practices that help teams grow
- Communication skills that demonstrate empathy and compassion to build trust, resolve conflicts, and provide feedback to your team.
- Ability to supervise the design and operation of sophisticated components and large-scale systems using technologies such as Java, Spring, Dropwizard, React, and Typescript
- Success leading blended teams composed of frontend and backend engineers
- Ability to manage numerous projects, teams, and schedules in a rapid-growth environment, to coordinate successful/timely releases and achieve quality objectives
- Experience working with multi-region AWS services
This role will be remote US.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
- The estimated pay range for this role, based in Colorado, is $127,960 - $182,800.
The successful candidate’s starting salary will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, and geographic location within the state. This role is also eligible to participate in Twilio’s equity plan and for the following benefits: health care insurance, 401(k) retirement account, paid sick time, paid personal time off, paid parental leave.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/twilio/jobs/3778047