Manager, Services Systems United States
See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as our next Manager, Services Systems.
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we're on a journey to becoming a globally antiracist company that supports diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
This position is needed to execute on our mission to improve the productivity of our Services businesses, including Customer Support, Professional Services and Customer Success at Twilio. You will hire and grow the best talent, coach and develop your team, and serve as a trusted collaborator that builds positive relationships with our stakeholders, internal teams and leadership. To succeed in this role, you will have the expertise to manage enterprise systems for scale and long-term growth.
In this role, you’ll:
- Care for the overall health and success of our Systems team and lead with empathy.
- Simplify the design of our Support system (Zendesk), in a way that is scalable and extensible as we onboard new businesses to Twilio
- Develop and execute on our technical roadmap, and deliver business value to our stakeholders. Build and strengthen the relationship between our Systems team and the businesses they serve.
- Be an owner of our Systems and provide oversight of our system architecture and tools. Strive to simplify our system design for consistency, scalability and growth.
- Establish an Agile development practice and foster a culture of continuous improvement.
- Be a coach, create development plans and mentor your team in a way that reflects their individual needs and career aspirations.
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- Expertise with the management of Enterprise Business Systems. Experience with Zendesk, Salesforce, Cloud Coach or Gainsight is a plus.
- Experience working with empowered technical teams and adopting an Ask your Developer mindset. Challenge your systems analysts by communicating the business problems we want to solve, not prescribing solutions for them to implement.
- Experience leading remote and geographically distributed employees and building cohesive, high-performing teams.
- Hands-on experience working in a customer support or services organization.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Able to clarify and communicate long-term strategy.
- Builds effective working relationships with all levels of the organization and drives change collaboratively.
This role will remote, USA.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
*Please note this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well. The information below is provided for those hired in Colorado only.
*If you are a Colorado applicant:
- The estimated pay range for this role, based in Colorado, is $96,096 - $137,280.
- Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
The successful candidate’s starting salary will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, and geographic location within the state. This role is also eligible to participate in Twilio’s equity plan and for the following benefits: health care insurance, 401(k) retirement account, paid sick time, paid personal time off, paid parental leave.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/twilio/jobs/3812423