Manager, Service Design [Data and Growth] United States
Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why and Where
The design team within Data and Growth tackling some of the gnarliest problems at Twilio - helping our customers wrangle the complexity of their customer data, clean and protect it, and use it to power end to end personalization to delight their end customers . As a service designer manager within Data and Growth, you will lead the org in thinking end to end our most critical customer experiences across the Segment, Sendgrid, and Twilio Engage product lines. You will work to improve the experiences that cross typical product area boundaries - like those that include a human interaction alongside a digital one, or those that involve a transition between products. You also won’t do this alone - you will work highly cross-functionally, driving projects that bring together key stakeholders from different teams needed to execute on our ultimate end goal. You’ll also be a player coach - managing at least one other service designer on the team.
Example projects include:
- Understanding and improving the upsell or cross-sell journey between products
- Improving the onboarding and human aided implementation experience
- Designing the migration and education path from a legacy experience to a freshly launched product
Twilio is looking for a researcher who lives the Twilio Magic and has a demonstrated track record of strategic impact. They also have:
- 5+ years experience in design, design research, or design consulting
- 1 year management or strong coaching/mentorship experience preferred
- A track record of service design thinking or project work - aka projects with a scope beyond strictly product experience
- Confident facilitation abilities, and a track record of leading cross-functional teams through complex projects.
- Experience running your own user research
- Proficiency with contemporary design and prototyping tools and methods
- Solid visual and communication design skills
- Bonus points if you’ve worked in B2B or on technical product experiences.
As a Service Designer, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER’S SHOES: You hold the customer at the center of every decision made, and are a constant advocate for customer insights and customer empathy.
- WRITE IT DOWN: You can capture and present findings in compelling ways, present extremely complex problems or solutions with clarity, and use visuals to communicate concepts.
- DRAW THE OWL: You can improvise on a tight timeline, get creative with a project based on needs and constraints, and strike a balance between speed and rigor.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: You are comfortable coaching and facilitating teams, and you’re transparent and communicative with cross-functional teammates and stakeholders.
This position is a remote friendly position. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
An overview of Twilio’s benefits offered is listed below:
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. It’s likely that you don’t think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
Healthcare Insurance and Leave
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of life’s moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks
This role will be based in our US- REMOTE office.
*Please note this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well. The information below is provided for those hired in Colorado only.
*If you are a Colorado applicant:
- The estimated pay range for this role, based in Colorado, is $132,928.00 - $182,776.00
- Sales Commission: Additionally, this role is eligible to earn commissions and eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
- Non-Sales: Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
The successful candidate’s starting salary will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, and geographic location within the state. This role is also eligible to participate in Twilio’s equity plan and for the following benefits: health care insurance, 401(k) retirement account, paid sick time, paid personal time off, paid parental leave.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/twilio/jobs/3342670