Manager - Security Incident Response (Remote, EMEA) EMEA
About the role
REMOTE - EMEA - FULL TIME
We’re looking for an experienced security leader to join Shopify’s Trust team and lead our Security Resiliency team!
Shopify has grown rapidly over the last number of years. Through a series of safeguards, the Trust team has created a safe environment for employees to do their best work without risking our merchants' trust. The Security Incident Response team is always monitoring for risk and when bad behaviours are detected (internally and externally), the team jumps into action to remediate the situation.
As the Team Lead of Security Resiliency, you’ll be responsible for managing the security incident response team. You’ll be expected to scale the incident response function using technology, automation and best practice.
This is a trailblazing team! You will have the creative freedom to make a real difference and the chance to work with the best talent. Sounds like the place for you? Read on, and we'd love to hear from you!
Here’s what you can expect from the role - an opportunity to:
- Lead engineering and operations teams to enhance our security incident response capability and perform scalable security alert management.
- Build and establish the methodology and tooling to operate security incident response and alert management at scale.
- Use data to define and develop metrics to tell the security incident response story.
- Organize and run regular game day and crisis scenarios exercises.
- Be willing to roll up your sleeves and participate in critical incident response and mitigation efforts.
- Provide direction, mentorship and support to a team of incident responders and security analysts.
- Grow the team through hiring and development.
- Champion the incident response craft, along with leaders from other Shopify teams.
- Be a security advocate at Shopify.
While we don’t need you to have specific experience with our technology stack, this is a leadership position that requires that you have:
- Proven management and leadership skills, allowing you to develop and mentor others as well as build credibility with your team while executing broader security strategies.
- Demonstrated proficiency in building and operating security incident response and security operations programs in a technical environment.
- Familiarity working with senior stakeholders across the organization, both technical and non technical, to develop roadmaps, integrate with larger company initiatives and deliver business and security value.
- Experience being the lead technical responder or participating in large scale and complex incident response in a cloud-based or zero trust environment, leveraging strong analytical and data literacy skills to find the needle in the haystack.
It would be great if you had experience in any of the following (don’t stress, we are not expecting experience in all of the following):
- Knowledge of and/or experience with technologies such as Google Cloud Platform, Kubernetes, Splunk, Okta, GSuite, GitHub, etc...).
- Working with large datasets to gather insights and validate assumptions.
- Participating in an on-call rotation.
- Leveraging technology to automate manual work.
How to apply
If you want to help Shopify shape the future of commerce, hit the “Apply now” button to submit your application. We know that applying to a new role takes a lot of work and we truly value your time. We are looking forward to reading your application!
Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity & inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities, and/or people with intersectional identities. Please take a look at our Sustainability Reports to learn more about Shopify’s commitments to our communities, and our planet.
At Shopify, we understand that experience comes in many forms. We’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team - so if your experience is this close to what we’re looking for, please consider applying.