Manager, Product Design (Platform) United States
Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where and Why
Twilio is seeking a Product Design Manager to grow, manage, and mentor a team of Product Designers in building incredible experiences that our customers love and value. As part of Twilio’s global UX organization, this position will promote customer advocacy, partner with our cross-functional peers through our customer-focused product development practice, build effective working relationships, champion strong team results, and foster a culture where designers are challenged to do their best work.
In this remote-friendly role, you will be part of a high-trust, high-safety team of product design leaders and a global community of designers.
Twilio is looking for a Product Design Manager who:
- Has 6+ years in user experience, product design, or a related field with demonstrated leadership to product designers; an ideal candidate will have 2+ years of experience as a people manager.
- Has experience designing and shipping high-quality, impactful, end-to-end experiences as a design lead or manager (this is not a hands-on design role).
- Has helped shape design processes and environments to empower designers to do their best work.
- Has worked across organizational boundaries to define and prioritize work.
- Is receptive to feedback, interested in continuous learning, and can adapt in a high-growth environment.
- (Bonus) Has worked at a SaaS software company serving B2B customers.
- Has a degree, ideally in HCI, Human Factors, Information Management, Design, Psychology or Anthropology, or equivalent experience.
As our Product Design Manager, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- Don’t Settle: Maintain a high bar for quality and consistency by creating a feedback culture.
- Wear the Customer’s Shoes: Be a customer advocate. Coach your team on how to best navigate a customer-informed process to identify and prioritize customer problems and rapidly validate solutions. Be a vocal advocate for the Twilio Customer through all stages of research, design, development, and go-to-market activities.
- Empower Others: Be a proud people manager. Enthusiastically help your team hone their craft of product design. Encourage the sharing of new techniques and tools, showcase best of breed experiences in the market, and invest in professional development. Develop a sense of UX community and pride.
- Ruthlessly Prioritize and Write it Down: Coach your team on how to break down complex problems, write and test hypotheses, craft success measures, and thoughtfully iterate from “minimal lovable” to mature, best-in-class product experiences.
- Be an Owner: Be arm-in-arm with your departmental peers. Communicate and connect with your peers in UX, Product Management, Engineering, and Marketing in order to share learnings, align priorities, and identify opportunities for improvements to process or people.
The UX team at Twilio is a close-knit, collaborative group, who cares deeply about building trust with our customers and solving their problems. We work closely with product and engineering leadership to guide product strategy.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio. Come join us.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents Twilio's reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role if hired in Colorado. Please note that this information is provided for those hired in Colorado only, and this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well.
Salary Range: $132,928 - $182,776
Rest of Colorado:
Salary Range: $116,312 - $159,929
Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
An overview of Twilio’s benefits offered is listed below:
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. It’s likely that you don’t think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
Healthcare Insurance and Leave
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of life’s moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/twilio/jobs/3398392