Manager, Product Design - Core Platform United States
See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as our next Product Design Manager with Twilio Core Platform.
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we're on a journey to becoming a globally antiracist company that supports diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
This position is needed for Twilio’s continued growth and to help us build the platform that world’s greatest brands use to engage their customers. As a Product Design Manager you will enable, develop, and inspire a team of direct reports in efforts of building a best-in-class customer engagement platform. You will partner with the Product Design leadership to iterate on operations, recruiting, and culture that fosters an amazing and inclusive environment. You will work across teams and functions to influence product roadmap in order to deliver an ideal experience for our customers.
In this role, you’ll:
- Manage, develop, and inspire a team of top designers and design leads
- Understand and influence the business unit’s roadmap to ensure designers are working on the right initiatives at the right time
- Drive the design of value creating documents and standardize best practices for others to leverage
- Identify big product opportunity areas and craft the ideal state vision
- Ensure team BPMs (big picture, priorities, & measures) are met and drive cross-functional progress/decisions
- Work alongside your cross-functional team and design lead to iterate towards incredibly intuitive, elegant user experiences for our customers and partners
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- A stellar track records growing designers: you have unblocked, grown, and inspired designers of varying levels of seniority
- A hunger for cross-functional collaboration: you do your best work when partnering with product, engineering, sales, and more to drive alignment and clarity
- A passion for solving hard problems: you love getting into the details, as well as building the systems and infrastructure that take our design practice from good to great
- A strong product presence: you are able to swiftly navigate a company building a complex tool with many moving parts, and influence strategy accordingly
- An end-to-end skill set: you possess a strong grounding in everything from product thinking to and solid visual skills to be able to manage end to end design processes
- An advocacy skill set: you can define strategies, ideas and concepts and visualize them in such that they are communicated effectively and compellingly for internal leaders, partners and customers
- Experience with organizational design and hiring designers of vary levels of seniority
- 6+ years of industry experience and a related degree or equivalent experience in software interface design and/or development
- Bachelor’s or Master’s in the field of Human Computer Interaction is a nice to have
- Past experience working in enterprise SaaS products is a big plus
This role will be based in the Remote US.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
(Location dependent information)
- The estimated pay range for this role, based in Colorado, is 145,520-181,900
- Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
The successful candidate’s starting salary will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, and geographic location within the state. This role is also eligible to participate in Twilio’s equity plan and for the following benefits: health care insurance, 401(k) retirement account, paid sick time, paid personal time off, paid parental leave.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Twilio is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Additionally, Twilio participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Twilio is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at email@example.com.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/twilio/jobs/4251221