Manager, Personalized Support (EDT_Remote) United States
Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a Manager to lead our team of Technical Account Managers who are distributed throughout the United States and Europe as part of the Personalized Support team.
We are looking for a leader who lives Twilio Magic and has a demonstrated track record of leading Technical Account Management teams. They are also:
- Preferably 2+ years experience in management of a technical support team in a web-based software or SaaS company.
- Passionate about the customer experience and driving exceptional customer satisfaction results.
- Recognize that the only way to do that is to develop and coach your employees, to treat them the same way you would want them to treat your customers.
- Ability to lead a team to effectively develop and achieve the desired performance outcomes (performance, teamwork, collaboration, KPI reporting/analysis, frameworks, daily management tasks, training & enablement strategies, etc.)
We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values, who enjoy challenging problems, empower others to thrive, people who can draw the owl and not be beholden to one playbook.
As a Technical Support Manager, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER’S SHOES: Lead a team of Technical Account Managers (TAMs) who are the designated technical contacts for our strategic customers. The team’s role is to assist customers to resolve complex technical problems, deliver proactive guidance to provide added value through the use of Twilio technologies and be the champion for the customer within Twilio.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: As the Technical Support Manager of the Personalized Support team you will be their coach and leader bringing out the best in each of your team members with keen interest in their overall well being.
- DON’T SETTLE & DRAW THE OWL: You are ready to dig deep and address technical questions as well as be able to zoom out and look at the larger picture. A large part of your role involves understanding customer roadblocks and pain points and advocating in a data driven way with product management and engineering teams to enhance the customer experience and delight Twilio customers.
- BE INCLUSIVE: You will also be working alongside our Sales and Customer Success teams to forecast the growth and scale the team. You will hire and train new employees to supplement existing resources as needed while all the time raising the bar on the standard of excellence. You will foster a strong culture of collaboration and customer empathy in the team.
The Personalized Support team is the team of TAMs & Personalized Support Engineers who help our top customers and are a key part of Twilio's Global Support organization. Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
While working remotely, you will still enjoy our incredible perks: monthly Kindle book reimbursement, monthly gym reimbursement, unlimited PTO, monthly All Hands and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work and home life; that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves. We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, people who can draw the owl and not be beholden to one playbook.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents Twilio's reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role if hired in Colorado. Please note that this information is provided for those hired in Colorado only, and this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well.
Salary Range: $99,840 - $137,280
Rest of Colorado:
Salary Range: $87,360 - $120,120
Non Sales: Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
An overview of Twilio’s benefits offered is listed below:
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. It’s likely that you don’t think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
Healthcare Insurance and Leave
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of life’s moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/twilio/jobs/3458888