Manager, Payroll Accounting and Projects United States
See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as our next Manager, Payroll Accounting and Projects
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we're on a journey to becoming a globally antiracist company that supports diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
This position is needed to participate enthusiastically, work well under deadlines, multi-task, and solve problems, all while delivering excellent results. The Manager, Payroll Accounting and Projects will perform complex work involved in the accounting, recording and auditing and will work closely with the HR, Tax, and Stock Administration departments to help support the daily operations for payroll. This position will report to the Director, Global Payroll.. This is a great role for someone excited and passionate about payroll and contributing to the success of the team.
In this role, you’ll:
- Execute on all aspects of the GL accounting for payroll
- Oversee and Perform general ledger functions for month-end /year end close process including preparing and posting journal entries
- Oversee and Prepare reconciliations for assigned accounts, research and analyze findings to ensure accuracy of accounts, documents and demonstrate a thorough knowledge of the balances and variances
- Understand all payroll, tax laws, garnishments and payroll system setup and integrations
- Work with internal and external auditors to provide required information as related to payroll to completion of audits
- Provide and analyze Flux statement comments monthly, quarterly, annually
- Liaise with People Operations, HR Tech, other stakeholders on all payroll related projects
- Validate all earning, deduction and tax account set-up in Workday
- Manage all audit requests
- Manage account analysis and special projects
- Identify and develop solutions for process efficiency and improved productivity
- Remain current on all recent changes in regulations affecting payroll and accounting and notify the team of changes and implications
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- To comply with Executive Order 14042, all Twilio employees working in the U.S. are required to submit proof of vaccination for COVID-19 unless they qualify for a medical or religious accommodation or exemption. Employees onboarded after January 4, 2022 must submit proof of vaccination or receive approval for an exemption prior to their Twilio start date.
- 10+ years’ payroll experience, an in depth understanding of payroll processes and accounting systems and an active CPP or eligible
- Minimum of 7 years Payroll Accounting experience preferred
- Knowledge of federal, state and local payroll/labor laws, IRS regulations, garnishments and local employment and labor taxes
- Workday or similar, ADP SmartCompliance, NetSuite
- Strong knowledge of full cycle payroll and accounting practices and principle and employment laws relating to key areas of responsibility
- Partner with the accounting team to manage all Flux Analysis
- Understand and be able to prepare and oversee monthly reconciliations for assigned accounts, research and analyze the findings and ensure accuracy of accounts.
- Assist and oversee payroll related journal entries
- Oversee completion of monthly financial analysis for payroll related accounts
- Point person for all project related process improvements and will work closely with the People Operations and HR Technical teams
- Strengths include attention to detail, organization, time management, problem solving, decision making, and complete confidentiality and discretion
- Ability to organize workload, adapt quickly to change and deliver under the pressure of multiple deadlines
- Experience working in a high scale, team-oriented, and fast-paced environment while still finding opportunities for automation and innovation
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Accountable – Willing to answer for the outcomes resulting from your choices, behaviors, and actions and taking ownership of situations that you’re involved in
- ServiceNow ticketing system knowledge
This role will be remote and approximately 0% travel is anticipated.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
*Please note this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well. The information below is provided for those hired in Colorado only.
*If you are a Colorado applicant:
- The estimated pay range for this role, based in Colorado, is $79,408 - $113,440.
- Sales Commission: Additionally, this role is eligible to earn commissions and eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
- Non-Sales: Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
The successful candidate’s starting salary will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, and geographic location within the state. This role is also eligible to participate in Twilio’s equity plan and for the following benefits: health care insurance, 401(k) retirement account, paid sick time, paid personal time off, paid parental leave.
Important COVID-19 Guidance (For candidates applying to roles in the United States):
To comply with Executive Order 14042, all Twilio employees working in the U.S. are required to submit proof of vaccination for COVID-19 unless they qualify for a medical or religious accommodation / exemption. Employees onboarded after January 4, 2022 must submit proof of vaccination or receive approval for an exemption prior to their Twilio start date.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/twilio/jobs/3483814