Manager of Solutions Engineering, Enterprise United States
Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where and Why
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a Manager of Solutions Engineering to be a leader in delivering key wins within the Enterprise segment. You will take a hands on approach to coaching and helping your team run with new opportunities. This role will work closely with all levels of the Sales leadership team to shape how our Account Executive teams execute. This position is critical to ensuring the continued success of our sales team.
Twilio is looking for a Manager of Solutions Engineering who lives the Twilio Magic and has a demonstrated track record of customer-facing technical leadership.
We seek someone with:
- Strong team leadership ability is required, with 3+ years experience as a direct manager of teams in a customer-facing pre-sales technical role.
- 5+ years in a customer-facing technical role.
- Experience mentoring and coaching Solution Engineers.
- Experience with strategic planning and setting strategies for Technical Sales teams and advising non-Technical Sales teams.
- Experience building programs that have impact and reach across teams.
- Hands on approach to problem solving. Always ready to work opportunities directly alongside your team when needed.
- A strong understanding of the enterprise new business sales cycle, as well as experience in the technology areas relevant to Twilio’s market: contact center, IP-based telephony, messaging, real-time communications, scaling web and mobile applications.
- A world class communicator. Confident influencing and engaging with a highly skilled and experienced audience including C-level executives.
As Solutions Engineering Manager, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- BE AN OWNER: Partner with sales leadership to set our strategy for finding, closing and supporting new opportunities and expanding the Twilio footprint in our existing customer base.
- BE INCLUSIVE: Works across functions to ensure collaboration for shared goals.
- RUTHLESSLY PRIORITIZE: Build and roll out programs that facilitate scaling.
- DON’T SETTLE: Attract, develop, and motivate a team of high-performing Solutions Engineers, continually educating your team and seeking innovative solutions for improving your team.
- DRAW THE OWL: Technical strategy – determine what role sales engineers should play in closing new business, and how to deploy the existing resources most effectively.
- WRITE IT DOWN & BE BOLD: Measure and communicate results – use data to communicate results and make decisions.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Ensure that your team has the support that they need to be successful as well as providing direct coaching and guidance on a day to day basis.
- DON’T SETTLE: Engage with Product, Support, Sales, Operations, Legal, Security, Engineering, and every single other department as necessary to make your customers successful on our platform.
The Enterprise Sales team is critical to Twilio’s continued revenue growth and Solutions Engineering plays a crucial role in the success of sales at Twilio. Bringing new customers on board to our platform requires excellent technical understanding and communication and a close partnership with the Sales team. Twilio’s API driven approach to powering communications allows for nearly unlimited variety of use cases which leads to constant technical learning and exploration. Solutions Engineering is essential to drive our continued success in bringing on new customers with all sorts of use cases onto our platform.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located remotely in the US (Eastern Time Zone). Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/twilio/jobs/2312342