Manager of Deal Strategy & Operations United States
Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a Manager of Deal Strategy & Operations to join our Sales Operations team. We are looking for a leader to help us scale and support our growing sales organization both strategically and operationally from a deal strategy and operational efficiency perspective focused on the East Enterprise and Mid Market segments. This role reports directly to the Senior Director, Deal Strategy & Operations, will have a team of 3 direct reports, and will partner with key stakeholder groups across Finance, Legal, Pricing, Product, Enablement, and Business Technology.
Twilio is looking for a leader who lives the Twilio Magic and has a demonstrated track record of leading Deal / Contract Operations or a similar function. They also have:
- 8+ years total experience with at least 5 years in customer order management, Deal Desk, or sales providing direct support to sales teams on complex deals
- 2+ years of people management experience
- Comfortable partnering and engaging with cross-functional teams to ensure the best possible support for the sales teams & deal cycles
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to interpret, clearly articulate, handle objections, and appropriately debate difficult issues related to commercial terms and deal constructs
- Ability to excel in a growing, fast paced environment delivering accuracy while managing to deadlines where adaptability is imperative
- Bachelor's degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Understanding of general software pricing models
- Experience working with Salesforce CRM, Conga, or other CRM, CPQ, and CLM tools
As the Manager of Deal Strategy & Operations, you will live the Twilio Magic values
- BE AN OWNER: Lead a team Deal Structuring and Contract Operations professionals
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER'S SHOES: Serve as the point of contact for sales on all non-standard business contracts for the East region
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Provide guidance and pre-sales internal support to sales on best ways to structure deals
- RUTHLESSLY PRIORITIZE: Ensure that signed contracts are complete and clearly communicated to all relevant parties, including interpretation to support implementation
- WRITE IT DOWN: Examine existing policies and procedures to optimize the end-to-end process from creation of the quote to the completion of signatures with all parties concerned
- BE INCLUSIVE: Share best practices with and provide training to sales team, peers, and outside business units to enhance the quality and efficiency of contracting processes
- NO SHENANIGAN’S: Ensure all approved requests have been properly documented, escalated to the appropriate approval level, and resolved within SLA
As the Manager of Deal Strategy & Operations you will be leading a team focused on Twilio’s strategic direction, collaborating with your peers to identify best of class practices, and contributing to the building out the next phase of capabilities in the team to support our rapid growth. Twilio is increasingly selling to more complex Enterprise accounts and expanding internationally. We are looking for a leader who will help us scale in a way that balances the company’s need for deal velocity with the understanding of deal economics. The individual in this role will lead a team of professionals that advises Sales on deal structuring and order form creation, helps define new deal constructs, and works with the other functions to ensure smooth implementation, including accurate pricing and commercial terms to yield the most mutually beneficial agreements between our customers and Twilio. Success in the role requires a high degree of process orientation, excellent interpersonal and communication skills, original thinking to proactively identify new and different approaches to structuring deals, and ability to work across multiple functions as a trusted advisor to help sales teams nurture a deal from quote to cash.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located remotely in the eastern US in the East time zone. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents Twilio's reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role if hired in Colorado. Please note that this information is provided for those hired in Colorado only, and this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well.
$99,840.00 - $124,800.00
Rest of Colorado:
$87,360.00 - $109,200.00
Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
An overview of Twilio’s benefits offered is listed below:
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. It’s likely that you don’t think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
Healthcare Insurance and Leave
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of life’s moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/twilio/jobs/2979799