Manager, Marketing Operations Remote, EMEA
The GitLab DevOps platform empowers 100,000+ organizations to deliver software faster and more efficiently. We are one of the world’s largest all-remote companies with 2,000+ team members and values that guide a culture where people embrace the belief that everyone can contribute.
As the Manager, Marketing Operations, you will be responsible for managing the day-to-day of GitLab's Marketing Operations team to execute on key marketing strategies. You will also encourage and facilitate cross-functional collaboration with key stakeholders across the business, specifically our field teams.
What you'll do in this role
- Oversee a connected ecosystem of core marketing platforms focused on lead management and prospect engagement, including LeanData, Vartopia, Outreach, Drift, ZoomInfo, Bizible, Demandbase, RingLead, and SFDC.
- Effectively influence, align, and collaborate with key functions, particularly Marketing, Sales, Sales Systems, Sales Operations, Finance, and Legal.
- Recruit, develop, and guide a team to execute key marketing strategies.
- Manage the day-to-day work of individual contributors.
- Establishes goals and tasks, sets performance expectations, monitors progress, drives information sharing, and sustains connections, trust, and engagement within the team.
- Audit MarTech and provide strategic recommendations/vision for core marketing technology roadmap (focused on lead management and prospect engagement) with an eye toward continually improving setup.
- Provide vision for lead lifecycle and recommendations for lead management and funnel/reporting setup.
- Strategize with team members to design processes for monitoring the effectiveness of our data hygiene and management practices. Align teams to vision.
- Ensure compliance with relevant privacy and data protection legislation impacting marketing technology and processes.
- Drive key quarterly OKRs with impacts across the organization, helping drive change and improve marketing efficiency.
We're looking for
- Considerable experience with go-to-market operations strategy and working with core marketing technology.
- Significant experience managing teams as well as marketing vendors.
- Experience working with partner marketing and sales development teams to create marketing strategies supporting the customer lifecycle.
- Deep experience with modern marketing and sales development technology, such as Salesforce, LeanData, Vartopia, Demandbase, Outreach, Drift, ZoomInfo, Bizible, and RingLead.
- Experience driving and getting alignment for process improvement, lead management practices, and prospect engagement strategies.
- Ability to manage/prioritize multiple projects and adapt to a changing, fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated management skills and ability to oversee a team and work in a group environment, including collaboration with Senior/Executive level leadership.
- Possess exemplary interpersonal skills including influencing, negotiations, and teamwork skills.
- Superb analytical, and problem-solving capability and help the team makes sound conclusions.
- You believe in teamwork and are not afraid of rolling up your sleeves.
- Willingness to learn how to use GitLab and Git
Also, we know it’s tough, but please try to avoid the confidence gap. You don’t have to match all the listed requirements exactly to be considered for this role.
To find out more about the compensation for this role, please apply to a role first. After completing a preliminary screening call, you'll be able to sign up here to view our compensation calculator. Be sure to use the same email address for both.
The base salary range for this role’s listed level is currently $84,000-$153,000 for Colorado residents and $84,000-$171,000 for New York and New Jersey residents only. Grade level and salary ranges are determined through interviews and a review of education, experience, knowledge, skills, abilities of the applicant, equity with other team members, and alignment with market data. See more information on our benefits and equity. Sales roles are also eligible for incentive pay targeted at up to 100% of the offered base salary.
Country Hiring Guidelines: GitLab hires new team members in countries around the world. All of our roles are remote, however some roles may carry specific location-based eligibility requirements. Our Talent Acquisition team can help answer any questions about location after starting the recruiting process.
GitLab is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. GitLab’s policies and practices relating to recruitment, employment, career development and advancement, promotion, and retirement are based solely on merit, regardless of race, color, religion, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression), national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, mental or physical disability, genetic information (including family medical history), discharge status from the military, protected veteran status (which includes disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, active duty wartime or campaign badge veterans, and Armed Forces service medal veterans), or any other basis protected by law. GitLab will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. See also GitLab’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know during the recruiting process.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/gitlab/jobs/6499264002