Manager, Logistics Operations Client Services Remote, United States
Medidata: Conquering Diseases Together
Medidata is leading the digital transformation of life sciences with the world's most-used platform for clinical development, commercial and real-world data. Powered by artificial intelligence and delivered by #1 ranked industry experts, the Intelligent Platform for Life Sciences helps pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device companies and academic researchers accelerate value, minimize risk and optimize outcomes. Medidata serves more than 1,000 customers and partners worldwide and empowers more than 100,000 certified users every day to create hope for millions of patients. Discover the future of life sciences: www.mdsol.com
We know that diverse teams win and are fully committed to selecting leaders and employees that represent the markets in which we operate. We are still led by our Co-founders, Tarek Sherif and Glen de Vries, and have global operations in US, Europe and Asia with over 2000 employees.
The Medidata Manger, Logistic Operations manages the Operations Coordinator team supporting the patient cloud and professional services business units at Medidata by driving the effective and timely implementation of eCOA, eConsent and Sensorlink studies.
- Develop and manage a global delivery strategy to ensure on-time cost effective solutions for all devices.
- Develop and implement WIs, SOPs and other documentation for device vendors and Professional Services team.
- Participate in customer meetings in a consultative manner in support of Knowledge Transfer and customer-side business process change, as customers begin adoption of Medidata software.
- Collaborate with Medidata University / Global Operational Excellence to develop and deliver
- Manage the vendor to ensure all SLAs are being met
- Create and track issue log by vendor
- Create and share documentation and guidance to internal study teams for device hardware, device security settings and logistics needs.
- Manage escalations from internal teams and vendors
- Ensure compliance with process documents, suggest updates to documentation and process as needed
- Create training materials on company processes and best practice to sponsors for Work Streams
- Review inventory reports weekly and order as necessary tracking against study opportunities
- Support the delivery of device specifics by study to the customer success team to enable support for sites and patients.
- Provide guidance, leadership and training to staff on best practice/business process development and maintenance.
- Interview and hire full-time resources as well as maintain job descriptions based upon approved business plan.
- Coach and develop staff and maintain a highly effective and strong team.
- Conduct regular one-on-one and career development meetings with all direct reports
Your Education & Experience:
- Minimum 5 years device management experience
- Knowledge of global logistics required
- Solid communication skills both verbal and written
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred, preferably in Communication or Logistics
- Proficient in technical aspects of mobile devices including iOS and Android
- High degree of comfort working in a fast paced environment
- Extremely strong teamwork, ethic and customer support focus
- Experience working in a regulated, documented environment.
- Demonstrated ability to navigate and negotiate competing priorities in a challenging environment.
- Ability to travel to other locations and/or clients
Medidata is making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere by accelerating critical drug and medical device development, enabling life-saving drugs and medical devices to get to market faster. Our products sit at the convergence of the Technology and Life Sciences industries, one of most exciting areas for global innovation. Nine of the top 10 best-selling drugs in 2017 were developed on the Medidata platform.
Medidata’s solutions have powered over 14,000 clinical trials giving us the largest collection of clinical trial data in the world. With this asset, we pioneer innovative, advanced applications and intelligent data analytics, bringing an unmatched level of quality and efficiency to clinical trials enabling treatments to reach waiting patients sooner.
Medidata Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medidata Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the law. Medidata Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Vacancy page : https://jobs.jobvite.com/medidata-solutions/job/ofsubfw6