Manager, HR Operations Remote (US or Canada) /
Over 100,000 businesses and millions of people use 1Password to protect their most important information, and we believe those people – and the companies they work for – shouldn’t have to choose between security and productivity. We see security as a human challenge, rather than a technological one. It’s hard work, but our mission has always been to ease the tension between security and convenience and help people navigate the digital world without fear or friction. Human-centric security is part of our DNA, but human-centricity is also the backbone of our culture. We encourage big ideas and new ways of working that help us to make the online world a safer place for everyone.
1Password is nothing without the people who build, design, and support it. When it comes to our people, we embrace the unconventional, are hands-on, and support everyone to succeed. From introducing them to the company, helping them to grow in their role, and supporting them to accomplish their next big thing, the People team is here to guide their journey.
As the Manager, HR Operations, you’ll play a key role within the team to enhance the employee experience and participate in initiatives to help grow the business and drive success. You will be responsible for applying business knowledge and human resource expertise, while managing core HR generalist services. You will be collaborating with team members at all levels and globally to identify and close gaps within the HR function and across the organization balancing employee and business needs. The individual should have experience executing strategies and processes across multiple countries.
This is a Remote opportunity within Canada and the US.
What we're looking for:
- Minimum 5 years experience managing, leading a team of HR generalists.
- Strong leadership, time management, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Continuous improvement mindset with a high attention to detail.
- Responsible for the delivery of HR services in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Understands the employee perspective and balances the needs of the employee with the overall business needs and strategy.
- Trustworthy with sensitive and confidential information.
- You take initiative, are proactive in influencing and updating processes and workflows across multiple systems.
- Experience in a fast-paced environment with a growing company. You can work quickly when needed but still collaborate and communicate effectively, even within short timelines.
- Excellent critical and analytical thinking skills for navigating uncertainty.
- Strong conflict resolution skills.
- Participate in cross-functional, global initiative teams.
- Proven success working under minimal supervision, providing guidance to junior resources.
- Experience with UKG Pro is a plus!
What you can expect:
- Tackle the day-to-day transactional administration and support of our HR activities.
- Deliver engaging and empathic support to employee inquiries, business unit HR teams and internal customers.
- Actively partner with Leaders to organize operational activities in the short term and collaborate on long-term HR strategies which support business results.
- Partner with team members and other HR streams to ensure policies and processes flow effectively and efficiently.
- Maintain and update data across multiple systems and file feeds, ensuring a high degree of accuracy.
- Document, maintain, and communicate processes to stakeholders, managers and employees.
- Assist with compliance requirements including pulling and vetting reports, maintaining records, reports, and logs.
- Support various ongoing and annual processes and projects.
- Other duties as assigned.
What we offer:
We believe in working hard, and resting hard. We’re always looking for new ways to support our team members, but here’s a glance at what we currently offer:
Health and wellbeing
> 👶 Maternity and parental leave top up programs
> 👟 Wellness spending account
> 🏝 Generous PTO policy
> 💖 Company-wide wellness days off scheduled throughout the year
> 🧠 Complimentary Headspace membership
> 🩺 Comprehensive health coverage
Growth and future
> 📈 Employee stock option program for all full time employees
> 💸 Retirement matching program
> 💡 Training budget, 1Password University access, and learning sessions
> 🔑 Free 1Password account (and friends and family discount!)
Flexibility and community
> 🤝 Paid volunteer days
> 🌎 Employee-led DEI&B programs and ERGs
> 🏠 Fully remote environment
> 🏆 Peer-to-peer recognition through Bonusly
You belong here.
1Password is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, diverse and equitable workplace that is built on trust, support and respect. We welcome all individuals and do not discriminate on the basis of gender identity and expression, race, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, colour, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, marital status, pregnancy, sex, citizenship, education, languages spoken or veteran status. Be yourself, find your people and share the things you love.
Accommodation is available upon request at any point during our recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please speak to your talent acquisition partner or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll work to meet your needs.
Candidate Privacy Notice
When you apply for a position, refer a candidate, or are being considered for a role at AgileBits, Inc. (dba 1Password, 1Password, we, us, or our), your information is stored in Lever, in accordance with Lever's Service Privacy Notice. We use this information to evaluate your candidacy for the posted position. We also store this information, and may use it in relation to future positions to which you apply, or which we believe may be relevant to you given your background.
Candidates may also optionally choose to self-identify their race/ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, and disability. These answers will help us evaluate our diversity and belonging efforts. You do not have to answer these questions—your answers will not be linked to your name or job application, will not be visible to the hiring manager reviewing your application, and will in no way affect your job application. If you have any questions about the collection or use of this information, please contact [email@example.com].
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your information, we will either delete or anonymize it. If you have any questions about how we use or process your information, or if you would like to ask to access, correct, or delete your information, please contact our privacy team at [firstname.lastname@example.org] or through 1Password Support.