Manager Fraud Operations United States
Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
It is critical for Twilio to protect the integrity of our communications platform against fraud, and the Fraud Operations team is on the front line of this ongoing effort. Fraud Operations works closely with our fraud engineering team to protect Twilio and Twilio’s customers by thwarting would-be fraudsters. To continue this effort, we are now in search of a strong people manager for our Fraud Operations team.
The right candidate will be focused on serving customers, excel at managing a team, and have extensive experience fighting fraud in all its various forms. You should be passionate about making a career out of fraud prevention. More specifically, we seek someone who has:
- A minimum of three years of people management experience
- Advanced knowledge and ability with querying languages (eg. SQL) and business intelligence tools
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to make quick decisions with limited data
- A bachelor's degree
As a domain expert, you should know the top fraud vectors and how fraud behavior will change as we make changes in our fraud prevention tools and our products. We don’t expect you to be a data scientist; however, you should have sufficient “data chops” to analyze data using SQL and business intelligence tools. You will need to make data-driven decisions and closely collaborate with our data scientists to improve our fraud prevention tools.
Although not prerequisites for the role, the following are “nice-to-haves”:
- Strong computer science and/or data management background
- Telecom experience
- A minimum of four years experience working in fraud prevention (also known as risk management or trust and safety) for a technology company
- MBA, MS in a relevant field, or other similar advanced degree
- Basic understanding of and comfort with software development, including programming experience
- Fluent in additional languages
As a manager in our Fraud Operations team, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- BE AN OWNER & EMPOWER OTHERS: Lead a team responsible for preventing fraud, supporting customers with fraud-related issues, managing risk, and overseeing certain payment-related operations (e.g., chargeback disputes). Enable an already high-performing team by providing excellent coaching and actionable feedback
- NO SHENANIGANS: Use Twilio’s tools and your own investigative powers to detect and prevent fraudulent activity, all while ensuring that we do not have false positives that negatively affect our legitimate customers
- DRAW THE OWL: Streamline our operations by applying lean principles
- BE BOLD: Collaborate with product managers and software engineers to design the tools necessary to further automate and streamline our processes. Influence stakeholders across the company to develop scalable solutions to prevent issues moving forward. Fraudsters are ever changing their patterns so we need to evolve rapidly
- RUTHLESSLY PRIORITIZE & DON’T SETTLE: Execute on near-term goals while also moving towards a long-term vision. Your team should be constantly delivering projects that will make our fraud defenses stronger and our team more effective.
Twilio’s mission is to fuel the future of communications, and the mission of the Fraud Operations team is to protect the integrity of Twilio’s communications platform against fraudulent activity. Your leadership will be critical to the success of this mission. Our customers and partners need to be able to trust that Twilio’s platform is protected against fraud 24 x 7 x 365.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
Remote - North America
Around the world, Twilio offers great benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status.
This role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
An overview of Twilio’s benefits offered is listed below:
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. It’s likely that you don’t think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
Healthcare Insurance and Leave
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of life’s moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/twilio/jobs/3298765