Manager, FP&A, R&D Remote (US or Canada) /
Over 100,000 businesses and millions of people use 1Password to protect their most important information, and we believe those people – and the companies they work for – shouldn’t have to choose between security and productivity. We see security as a human challenge, rather than a technological one. It’s hard work, but our mission has always been to ease the tension between security and convenience and help people navigate the digital world without fear or friction. Human-centric security is part of our DNA, but human-centricity is also the backbone of our culture. We encourage big ideas and new ways of working that help us to make the online world a safer place for everyone.
Reporting to Director, Corporate FP&A, the R&D Financial Planning & Analysis Manager will serve as a key member of the FP&A team to help support one of our fastest growing functions.
You will partner with the Technology and Product teams as their main point of contact and provide support on their strategic objectives and operational initiatives. You will oversee and scale financial planning, reporting and analytics capabilities. You will interact directly with the team to drive, develop and manage their R&D budgets. You will identify and analyze the cross-functional impact of R&D projects, prepare insightful investment analyses, and summarize key findings to R&D senior management to drive prioritization. You will assess the implications of ongoing and upcoming projects on headcount planning, expense budgets and recruitment capacity. You will bring thoughtful approaches to your business models and build budgets and forecasts that align with R&D initiatives. You will be continually encouraged to drive improvements to your role, responsibilities and interactions.
This role is highly visible within 1Password and works cross-functionally to prepare timely and accurate forecasts along with participating in special projects.
This is a Remote opportunity within Canada and the United States.
What we're looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university in Finance or related field
- 3-4 years of relevant experience in FP&A within a top technology company. SaaS, Software, or Marketplace experience preferred.
- Experience supporting Technology and/or Product functions with an understanding of product development cycles and technology infrastructure
- Experience in headcount-related analysis, preferably in high-growth organizations
- Strong systems aptitude and proficiency, including expert Excel skills. Experience working with Netsuite, Financial Planning Software/CRM/ERM (Vena, Adaptive Insights, Anaplan, etc.), and BI tools
- Strong understanding of GAAP, consolidation, and different reporting dimensions for management and compliance needs.
- Excellent financial modeling capabilities and problem solving skills
- Able to manage multiple projects simultaneously with superior attention to detail
- Ability to effectively manage relationships with senior stakeholders and communicate with every level of the organization with varying degrees of technicality
- The right candidate will be a highly motivated self-starter with a results-oriented approach
What you can expect:
- Support R&D senior leadership with value-added business analysis
- Build/maintain complex financial and decision-making models to evaluate ROI and develop meaningful insights and actionable recommendations
- Monitor and analyze actual performance against budgets and forecasts to create and distribute monthly reporting catered to a R&D audience
- Support the monthly, quarterly and annual FP&A processes, including planning cycles, budgeting, forecasting, variance analysis and management and Board reporting
- Prepare monthly and quarterly financial reviews for executive management and the Board of Directors, providing insights into key drivers, as well as risks and opportunities
- Produce and maintain long- and short-term financial plans
- Work closely with the Finance leadership team to drive standardization & simplification throughout, including the use of automated solutions
- Support senior leadership with ad hoc research and analysis
- Partner with cross-functional teams to understand data structures, align on definitions and data sources and build automation of agreed upon metrics
What we offer:
We believe in working hard, and resting hard. We’re always looking for new ways to support our team members, but here’s a glance at what we currently offer:
Health and wellbeing
> 👶 Maternity and parental leave top up programs
> 👟 Wellness spending account
> 🏝 Generous PTO policy
> 💖 Company-wide wellness days off scheduled throughout the year
> 🧠 Complimentary Headspace membership
> 🩺 Comprehensive health coverage
Growth and future
> 📈 Employee stock option program for all full time employees
> 💸 Retirement matching program
> 💡 Training budget, 1Password University access, and learning sessions
> 🔑 Free 1Password account (and friends and family discount!)
Flexibility and community
> 🤝 Paid volunteer days
> 🌎 Employee-led DEI&B programs and ERGs
> 🏠 Fully remote environment
> 🏆 Peer-to-peer recognition through Bonusly
You belong here.
1Password is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, diverse and equitable workplace that is built on trust, support and respect. We welcome all individuals and do not discriminate on the basis of gender identity and expression, race, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, colour, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, marital status, pregnancy, sex, citizenship, education, languages spoken or veteran status. Be yourself, find your people and share the things you love.
Accommodation is available upon request at any point during our recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please speak to your talent acquisition partner or email us at email@example.com and we’ll work to meet your needs.
Candidate Privacy Notice
When you apply for a position, refer a candidate, or are being considered for a role at AgileBits, Inc. (dba 1Password, 1Password, we, us, or our), your information is stored in Lever, in accordance with Lever's Service Privacy Notice. We use this information to evaluate your candidacy for the posted position. We also store this information, and may use it in relation to future positions to which you apply, or which we believe may be relevant to you given your background.
Candidates may also optionally choose to self-identify their race/ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, and disability. These answers will help us evaluate our diversity and belonging efforts. You do not have to answer these questions—your answers will not be linked to your name or job application, will not be visible to the hiring manager reviewing your application, and will in no way affect your job application. If you have any questions about the collection or use of this information, please contact [firstname.lastname@example.org].
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your information, we will either delete or anonymize it. If you have any questions about how we use or process your information, or if you would like to ask to access, correct, or delete your information, please contact our privacy team at [email@example.com] or through 1Password Support.