Manager, Data Remote, Americas
The GitLab DevOps platform empowers 100,000+ organizations to deliver software faster and more efficiently. We are one of the world’s largest all-remote companies with 1,800+ team members and values that guide a culture where people embrace the belief that everyone can contribute.
The Manager, Data sits at the intersection of Business Strategy, Analytics Engineering, and Data Engineering and is responsible for leading a team that brings robust, efficient, and integrated data products to life. The Manager, Data speaks the language of business teams and technical teams, able to translate data insights and analysis needs into models powered by the Enterprise Data Platform. The successful Manager, Data is able to blend business acumen with technical expertise and transition between business strategy and data development. In this role, the incumbent will have an opportunity to drive impact on a large scale by leading a team that delivers trusted data that is used by Senior Leadership to power the Customer Journey and Go To Market Motion decisions at GitLab.
The Manager, Data is a grade 8.
- Help create a leading Data Program to support GitLab's vision
- Manage, lead, and develop a High-Performance Team, including day-to-day assignments, bi-weekly milestone planning, 1-1s, quarterly objectives, and annual reviews
- Manage operational components of the Data Platform to ensure updated data are available per established SLOs
- Work with all divisions to continually grow the value of our Data Platform by onobarding new data from our SaaS, Telemetry, Product, and Corporate systems
- Understand the big picture and demonstrate how your team supports it through prioritization, planning, and solutioning
- Participate in Monthly Key Reviews to represent Data and stay up-to-date of company developments
- Implement the DataOps philosophy in everything you do
- Continuously develop the Data Team Handbook to ensure it represents the current state of our strategy, processes, and operations
- Ability to use GitLab
- Leadership at GitLab
- Share our values, and work in accordance with those values
- 5+ years hands on experience in a data analytics/engineering/science role
- 2+ years hands on experience performing quantitative analysis to tackle business problems with a focus on feature and usage metrics to increase conversion and retention OR reporting for key business metrics, including revenue, sales metrics, and customer metrics
- 1+ years hands on experience creating dimensional models composed of facts and dimensions
- 1+ years leading or managing a team of 3 or more data analysts/engineers/scientists
- Demonstrate ability to understand and communicate end-to-end data systems: from compute to ETL to Reporting to Analysis
- Exceptional experience creating and developing partnerships with internal team members towards delivery of impactful analytics solutions
- Experience communicating technical concepts to non-technical team members
- Experience defining and executing project plans at the day, week, and month time spans
- Ability to break-down quarterly objectives into two-week delivery milestones
- Demonstrably deep understanding of SQL and relational databases (we use Snowflake)
- Experience working with large quantities of raw, disorganized data
- Must be able to work in alignment with Americas timezones
For Colorado residents: The base salary range for this role’s listed level is currently $100,800-$151,200 for Colorado residents only. Grade level and salary ranges are determined through interviews and a review of education, experience, knowledge, skills, abilities of the applicant, equity with other team members, and alignment with market data. See more information on our benefits and equity. Sales roles are also eligible for incentive pay targeted at up to 100% of the offered base salary. Disclosure as required by the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, C.R.S. § 8-5-101 et seq.
Country Hiring Guidelines: GitLab hires new team members in countries around the world. All of our roles are remote, however some roles may carry specific location-based eligibility requirements. Our Talent Acquisition team can help answer any questions about location after starting the recruiting process.
GitLab is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. GitLab’s policies and practices relating to recruitment, employment, career development and advancement, promotion, and retirement are based solely on merit, regardless of race, color, religion, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression), national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, mental or physical disability, genetic information (including family medical history), discharge status from the military, protected veteran status (which includes disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, active duty wartime or campaign badge veterans, and Armed Forces service medal veterans), or any other basis protected by law. GitLab will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. See also GitLab’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know during the recruiting process.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/gitlab/jobs/6364841002