Manager, Customer Success - Growth United States
Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
We are looking for a multifaceted, experienced manager to direct a team of Customer Success Managers dedicated to our Growth customers. This individual will drive and scale a CSM function targeted at helping customers fulfill their communications goals. Growth is our largest revenue team and focuses on customers with employee size 0 - 100. This role reports to the Vice President of Customer Experience.
You are passionate about ensuring customers have the right advice to accomplish goals, and know that the best way to do this is by building an insightful, consultative team of CSMs. Your team will advise our top customers and energetically muster the strength and operational expertise of the Twilio platform to help them exceed their communications capabilities.
We are seeking a leader who lives the Twilio Magic and meets the following qualifications:
- 3+ years leading a customer-facing team. Track record scaling Customer Success organizations and experience in a web-based software or SaaS company is a plus
- A strategic problem solver who is able to devise out of the box solutions that enable scale and deliver on customer expectations
- Proven capability to convert insights into one-time solves as well as into impactful process or system improvements
- Strong people manager with ability to empower, develop and retain top talent
- Ability to influence and build bridges with peer teams, including those outside of the CSM organization
- Data focused decision maker able to pinpoint the minimum vital data needed to make an informed decision and comfortable acting on it
- Strong oral and written communications skills
As the Customer Success Growth Manager, you ensure that your team enables Twilio’s largest SMB customers to succeed by building consultative skills, insightful account analysis and operational fidelity.
Your Responsibilities Will Include:
- Leading, mentoring and training a team of Customer Success Managers
- Coaching a team to proactively build trusted, consultative relationships with customers
- Championing our customers with internal teams, putting their best interests first
- Serving as an advancement point between customers and internal Twilio teams to ensure customer success and adoption
- Identifying and prioritizing customer challenges, and co-creating systems and tools to infuse standard methodologies into ongoing operations
As the Manager, CSM - Growth, you will live Twilio Magic values:
- BE AN OWNER: Have a bias for action and work optimally in a constantly-changing environment
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER SHOES: Support your team in understanding their customer’s unique goals, anticipating challenges, setting expectations, and offering the best solutions
- RUTHLESSLY PRIORITIZE: Effectively balance opposing priorities and make decisions that best support the customer, Twilio, and your team
- WRITE IT DOWN: Combine qualitative and quantitative insights to elevate visibility of customer issues in the Growth segment
- BE INCLUSIVE: Work cross-functionally with your team and internal partners to tackle customer gaps, and then rally resources to better support this diverse segment of customers
- DRAW THE OWL: Derive satisfaction from defining a problem and creating a solution not only for the first customer, but also for future customers to come
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Work closely with the VP of Customer Experience and CSM managers to define the hiring strategy, training and career path for the growing customer success team
Twilio is empowering the world’s developers and businesses with the technology to build modern, enjoyable communication experiences in their applications. The Customer Success Team builds critical relationships and offer operational expertise to our largest customers, enabling them to plan and meet their communications and business goals.
Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed, and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation, and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio. Come join us!
We employ diverse talent from all over the world and we believe great work can be done anywhere. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents Twilio's reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role if hired in Colorado. Please note that this information is provided for those hired in Colorado only, and this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well.
$90,752 - $124,784
Rest of Colorado:
$79,408 - $109,186
Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
An overview of Twilio’s benefits offered is listed below:
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. It’s likely that you don’t think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
Healthcare Insurance and Leave
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of life’s moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/twilio/jobs/3120045