Manager, CSM Growth Accounts Remote, US
The GitLab DevOps platform empowers 100,000+ organizations to deliver software faster and more efficiently. We are one of the world’s largest all-remote companies with 1,800+ team members and values that guide a culture where people embrace the belief that everyone can contribute.
The Manager, CSM Growth Accounts sits on our Technical Account Management (TAM) team. The TAM team focuses on the themes of align, enable, and expand. We align with customers' desired business outcomes, enable them on their existing use cases, and work with them to expand into additional use cases, ensuring ongoing and ever-improving customer return-on-investment.
Additionally, our team serves as liaisons between the customer and the GitLab ecosystem, streamlining collaboration with Product Management, Engineering, Sales, Professional Services, and others. TAM handbook.
- Mentor and enable the team to exceed company growth and retention forecasts
- Work with the Customer Success Director to help establish and manage goals and responsibilities for CSMs
- Manage a team of highly motivated, customer-focused Growth Account CSMs to manage the overall health and care of accounts (e.g., onboarding customers, stage adoption, executive business reviews, and successful renewals)
- Ensure the CSMs exceed Gitlab expectations in core knowledge, communication, and execution
- Challenge the team and yourself to learn and grow as trusted advisors to customers continually
- Provide leadership and guidance to coach, motivate and lead the team members to their optimum performance levels and career development, providing timely feedback and development assistance
- Manage resource assignments and staffing levels, including recruitment as needed
- Identify and implement improvements to the processes and tools used
- Develop senior-level relationships with customers
- Partner with other team leaders to ensure the customer is supported in times of escalation
- Develop strong relationships with Engineering and Product to ensure cohesion and shared understanding of goals, initiatives
- Oversee initiatives set forth in OKRs
- Work together with the other managers to execute strategies and vision with the Director
- Represent Gitlab leadership and reflect our Gitlab values in internal and external interactions
- Manage and provide input into iteration upon the customer journey, including onboarding, adoption, retention, and expansion, with an emphasis on defining and demonstrating value programmatically to grow net revenue retention ultimately
- Take a data-driven approach to driving value across the customer segment, ensuring time and attention is prioritized to ensure the most significant positive impact
- Proactively identify and prioritize accounts to focus efforts within a defined territory as based on point in lifecycle (e.g., onboarding) perceived risk, potential growth, strategic value, and renewal timeframe
- Work cross-functionally with multiple teams (CS ops, content, programs, marketing, product) to develop thoughtful and innovative approaches to driving success with customers at scale
- Identify key areas of enablement need across the customer segment and partner closely with the strategic and scale TAMs to create content and webinars to address these needs
- Analyze industry best practices, trends, and performance metrics to shape customer engagement strategies and accelerate results
- Demonstrated progressive management experience leading teams in a software company
- Demonstrated progressive experience leading customer success managers, account management or sales teams with team sizes of 5+ people
- Proven experience leading teams, driving software adoption, and building and scaling customer success management practices
- Proven track record in software/technology sales or consulting
- Experience with software development lifecycle processes and tools as well as agile and/or DevOps practices
- Knowledgeable with cloud technologies (e.g., Kubernetes, Docker), application security (SAST, DAST) and/or cloud deployment models (AWS, GCP, Azure) is a plus
- Proven ability to develop strategies, translate them into initiatives and track successful delivery
- Demonstrated ability to lead managers and successfully manage global, distributed teams across cultures, lines of business, and geographies
- Possession of a strong management presence and leadership ability, with communication and interpersonal skills that inspire and motivate leaders and teams
- Demonstration of operational excellence in analytical thinking, process development and improvement, problem-solving, communication, delegation, and planning
- Ability to collaborate across the organization and with external stakeholders
- Experience successfully working with senior (C-level) executives
- Holds strong operational skills that will drive organizational efficiencies and customer satisfaction
- Comfortable giving and receiving positive and constructive feedback
- Ability to connect technology with measurable business value
- Strategic thinking about business, products, and technical challenges
- Possess a deep understanding of creating customer value to deliver scalable customer engagements that help customers derive ongoing value from their investment with GitLab
Candidates for this position can expect the hiring process to follow the order below. Please keep in mind that candidates can be declined from the position at any stage of the process. To learn more about someone who may be conducting the interview, find their job title on our team page.
Qualified candidates will be invited to schedule a 30 minute screening call with one of our Global Recruiters.
Hiring Manager Interview
The hiring manager interview is the first of the interviews with the Technical Account Manager team. This interview is with the manager of the team the candidate is applying to join. It is a 30 minute interview.
The peer interview is conducted by an individual contributor who is a member of the team the candidate is applying to join. Peer interviewers are selected by the hiring manager. This is a 30 minute interview.
The panel interview consists of several members of the Technical Account Manager team. It typically includes the hiring manager and two other team members. This is a 60 minute interview, with the following format:
- Live demonstration based on the guidance provided ahead of the interview by the recruiter
- General discussion and questions from the panel
Conducted by the Senior Director of TAMs, this is a discussion with the candidate as a final assessment interview to evaluate the candidate's suitability for the role. This is a 30 minute interview.
Reference and Background Check
Additional details about our process can be found on our hiring page.
For Colorado residents: The base salary range for this role’s listed level is currently $120,900 - $220,300 for Colorado residents only. Grade level and salary ranges are determined through interviews and a review of education, experience, knowledge, skills, abilities of the applicant, equity with other team members, and alignment with market data. See more information on our benefits and equity. Sales roles are also eligible for incentive pay targeted at up to 100% of the offered base salary. Disclosure as required by the Colorado Equal Pay for >Equal Work Act, C.R.S. § 8-5-101 et seq.
Country Hiring Guidelines: GitLab hires new team members in countries around the world. All of our roles are remote, however some roles may carry specific location-based eligibility requirements. Our Talent Acquisition team can help answer any questions about location after starting the recruiting process.
GitLab is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. GitLab’s policies and practices relating to recruitment, employment, career development and advancement, promotion, and retirement are based solely on merit, regardless of race, color, religion, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression), national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, mental or physical disability, genetic information (including family medical history), discharge status from the military, protected veteran status (which includes disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, active duty wartime or campaign badge veterans, and Armed Forces service medal veterans), or any other basis protected by law. GitLab will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. See also GitLab’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know during the recruiting process.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/gitlab/jobs/6198611002