Manager, Business Development (APAC) Remote, APAC
The GitLab DevOps platform empowers 100,000+ organizations to deliver software faster and more efficiently. We are one of the world’s largest all-remote companies with 1,800+ team members and values that guide a culture where people embrace the belief that everyone can contribute.
As a Manager of Business Development in APAC, you will hire, onboard, and mentor Business Development Representatives (BDRs) in your region, ensuring their success at GitLab. You'll partner closely with the sales team, and ultimately drive pipeline and results. In this role, you will report to the Senior Manager of Sales Development for EMEA and APAC.
What you'll do in this role
- Train other members of the BDR Team to identify, contact, and create qualified opportunities.
- Ensure BDR Team members improve performance and abilities over time by providing coaching and feedback in recurring weekly 1:1s
- Plan for hiring and onboarding new BDRs.
- Work closely with the Events and Digital teams on Field events and targeted ad and nurture campaigns.
- Work closely with Sales and other members of the Sales Development Leadership team to improve opportunity management and qualification processes
- Work closely with Sales, Senior SDR Manager/Director, as well as the Regional Sales Director's to identify key company accounts to develop.
- Work in collaboration with Content, Marketing Program Managers, and Product Marketing to develop effective messaging for outbound communications to your team’s assigned accounts.
We're looking for
- Experience in sales, marketing, or customer service for a technical product - leadership experience is highly preferred
- Experience with CRM software (Salesforce preferred)
- Experience in sales operations and/or marketing automation software preferred
- Understanding of B2B software, Open Source software, and the developer product space is preferred
- Passionate about technology and learning more about GitLab
- Be ready to learn how to use GitLab and Git
- Excellent spoken and written English
- You share our values, and work in accordance with those values.
- Leadership at GitLab
Also, we know it’s tough, but please try to avoid the confidence gap. You don’t have to match all the listed requirements exactly to be considered for this role.
Country Hiring Guidelines: GitLab hires new team members in countries around the world. All of our roles are remote, however some roles may carry specific location-based eligibility requirements. Our Talent Acquisition team can help answer any questions about location after starting the recruiting process.
GitLab is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. GitLab’s policies and practices relating to recruitment, employment, career development and advancement, promotion, and retirement are based solely on merit, regardless of race, color, religion, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression), national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, mental or physical disability, genetic information (including family medical history), discharge status from the military, protected veteran status (which includes disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, active duty wartime or campaign badge veterans, and Armed Forces service medal veterans), or any other basis protected by law. GitLab will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. See also GitLab’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know during the recruiting process.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/gitlab/jobs/6361050002